This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT: PokerCon Canceled

Well folks, after confusing everyone for months with changing rule schemes I have finally decided to cancel PokerCon. The legal issues involved are as follows:

The NV gaming commission allows charitable Poker Tournaments to be held without having to establish any sort of special permission. We thought it would be an excellant idea to have the EFF take the proceeds from PokerCon. Unfortunatly, the charity has to be based IN Nevada for it to be square with the laws.

In order to have a tournament without a NV based charity we would have to have registrants donate to the charity in advance, then be invited to the tournament to be held in Las Vegas. This would require all the players to pre-register which makes it impossible to break even on the event. We really needed people to be able to sign up at Defcon.

Do not fret though, I will try my best to see that PokerCon will happen at DC 15. Also, I plan on talking to PhreakNic and ShmooCon organizers as well. One con you go to this year will have a PokerCon, damnit!
    The dude abides.

Originally posted by Xodia
    Do not fret though, I will try my best to see that PokerCon will happen at DC 15. Also, I plan on talking to PhreakNic and ShmooCon organizers as well. One con you go to this year will have a PokerCon, damnit!
    As a resident of the greater Washington DC Metro area, my vote would be ShmooCon in March 2007!
    DaKahuna

Comment

Working...
    X