I shit you not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shit you not.

Being a late comer to the actual competition of Coffee Wars, I plan to make my mark through sheer force of cash and audacity.

I have decided to enter a Monkey Poo coffee, Kopi Luwak from a company in Australia. I'm going for both the Arabica and the Robusta varieties. F3ar!

At $160 a pound for one and $120 a pound for the other I hope to inject some excitement (Excrement?) into the event.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak for the general gist.

By buying a pound of each I hope to have enough for all the contest participants to sample some. W00t!
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; June 22, 2006, 10:25. Reason: Typo
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Re: I shit you not.

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    Being a late comer to the actual competition of Coffee Wars, I plan to make my mark through sheer force of cash and audacity.

I have decided to enter a Money Poo coffee, Kopi Luwak from a company in Australia. I'm going for both the Arabica and the Robusta varieties. F3ar!

At $160 a pound for one and $120 a pound for the other I hope to inject some excitement (Excrement?) into the event.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak for the general gist.

By buying a pound of each I hope to have enough for all the contest participants to sample some. W00t!
    Be different, get some fresh coffee berries, ingest them, and sieve through your faeces for the beans, the next week or so.
    Wash, dry, roast and then bring it as "Kopi Sapiens" beans. There should be time enough before DC...

Dutch
    All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch
      Be different, get some fresh coffee berries, ingest them, and sieve through your faeces for the beans, the next week or so.
      Wash, dry, roast and then bring it as "Kopi Sapiens" beans. There should be time enough before DC... Dutch
      The "Dark Tangent" Edition!
      ...Available wherever DT is.

Al

P.S. Thanks, Dutch. I needed a laugh this morning.
      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Hehe- combine the beans, and release as the "DT Voltron Coffee"

LosT

Comment

Well, it *is* a blind taste test. The people who judge the coffee do *not* know which coffee they are drinking, other than by identifier. Money certainly buys a good coffee, but not always the winner. On the other hand...

I have decided to enter a Monkey Poo coffee, Kopi Luwak from a company in Australia. I'm going for both the Arabica and the Robusta varieties. F3ar!

Oh, my. Hmmm. This means that *I* will be one of the people sampling this. I can't tell you how much I look forward to it. I suspect that you will be disappointed in the robusta (usually an inferior bean, IMNSHO), but I suppose I'm interested to discover how it will rate against other entries. I'm considering Ethiopian Yirgacheffe as an entry, myself (I don't always enter, but this year seems like a good one).

I'm not sure whether this is a kindness or not. On the other hand, since it's a blind taste test, that second participation will have to occur after the contest is over.

This does lead to an interesting question: If you win, do you award yourself a black badge?

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu
            This does lead to an interesting question: If you win, do you award yourself a black badge?
            Since he is the BOSS then no one dare beat him...but if he loses I think he should have to pay his own admission for next year's Defcon.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Since he is the BOSS then no one dare beat him...but if he loses I think he should have to pay his own admission for next year's Defcon.
              I hate to say it, but with Coffee Wars, there can be only one. Interestingly enough, the light roast necessary with this particular varietal (if one can call it that) suggest that it has an uphill battle for winning (I prefer a lighter roast, but some of the other judges desire medium to dark). It'll be interesting.

Comment

The poo arrived today!
                PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

The poo arrived today!
                  Since I believe you genuinely want it to be judged on its merits, I suggest not opening it. It's currently vacuum packed (for that price, it had better be), which will help it stay fresh. I'd also suggest putting it in the fridge, or at least someplace cool and out of direct sunlight. Don't freeze it. Water crystals will harm the aroma.

I admit I'm curious.

Comment

For those who do not know, humor columnist (and part-time tech geek) Dave Barry once wrote a column about this coffee. It is still viewable on the web despite its age. A quick google turned up the page for me. Enjoy!
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                    X