Sushicon 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushicon 3.0

With Defcon right around the corner, it has become time for me to start planning the third annual Sushicon. Each year the event has become more and more successful with additional attendees making it part of their yearly conference plans. As always, I am leaving it up to the attendees as to which evening works out best for them -- please vote in the poll.

Additional information will be posted once I gain more information like total number of attendees, as well as date and time information.

Cheers

gm1

NOTE: I have just remembered that Thursday, August 3rd is the Toxic BBQ -- please disregard Thursday as a valid voting choice.
    Wednesday - August 2nd
    47.06%
    Friday - August 4th
    0%
    Saturday - August 5th
    5.88%
    Sunday - August 6th
    23.53%
    None of the Above (reasons stated below)
    5.88%
    I probably won't be able to attend, but want to vote anyway.
    17.65%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GodMinusOne; June 26, 2006, 09:28. Reason: Updated information
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Re: Sushicon 3.0

I think choice of the date should also be complemented by the time/timeframe.

Case in point, Friday is a relatively busy day with the greatest concentration of talks/contents/event usually kicking in then. Also important to point out that Friday evening is the Forum Meet, something that may be a consideration if the TBBQ (also an evening-ish event) was disqualified as a conflict. ;) Likewise, too early on Weds and folks sneaking into or otherwise attending Blackhat may not be able to attend... etc etc
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge

Case in point, Friday is a relatively busy day with the greatest concentration of talks/contents/event usually kicking in then. Also important to point out that Friday evening is the Forum Meet, something that may be a consideration if the TBBQ (also an evening-ish event) was disqualified as a conflict. ;) Likewise, too early on Weds and folks sneaking into or otherwise attending Blackhat may not be able to attend... etc etc
      HighWizard informed me that the present day for QueerCon (according to the web site) is also Friday eve.

Comment

In years past, Sushicon was held from 7-9PM. I am not opposed to changing the timeframe, however in years past it has served us well.

Likewise, too early on Weds and folks sneaking into or otherwise attending Blackhat may not be able to attend... etc etc.
        Last year we held the event on Wednesday which worked out rather well. The main benefit of this was that it did not conflict with any other events, and it kept the numbers of attendees somewhat controllable. In fact, Black Hat attendees made up about 50% of the total attendence.

Case in point, I personally believe that Wednesday would be the best day to hold the event. Once again, this is not solely my event, rather all of ours -- I just compile the information gathered here and make the event happen.

Questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome.
        You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne
          I rembered that Thursday, August 3rd is the Toxic BBQ -- please disregard Thursday as a valid voting choice.
          Thursday has been removed, votes and selections shifted, and a new option added.

Comment

yeah, I plugged down for Weds.. it sounds like that would work out perfectly in the scope of existing events... Sunday seemed like a runner up (since dc12 seemed ok).. but also conflicts with other closing parties etc.. iirc

can't wait

Comment

yeah, I plugged down for Weds.. it sounds like that would work out perfectly in the scope of existing events... Sunday seemed like a runner up (since dc12 seemed ok).. but also conflicts with other closing parties etc.. iirc

can't wait
              I also voted for Wednesday as usually there is a dearth of things to do then, unless you are attending Black Hat.

Comment

I am down for Wednesday as well.

Our of curiousity, any thought about combining Sushicon and Forum Meet?
                DaKahuna

Comment

I vote for Sunday evening!
                  Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna
                    Our of curiousity, any thought about combining Sushicon and Forum Meet?
                    hmm.. I don't think the logistics of that would work out so well.. the Forum Meet being in a skybox.. the skybox not having sushi.. the Forum Meet being a Friday.. sushicon generally occuring outside of con...

Sorry, you'll just have to enjoy both ;)

Comment

Other than the sheer logistics and the clusterfuck of figuring out who pays what having it combined would rule. But alas, as converge stated it would not work out.

My vote is Wed with Sun. being runner up. Goon duty calls other nights..

On a side note, do we want to invade the same place again? They are great and the food is good.. they just tend to hate us until they see the tip they get for putting up with us. (God.. I hate to know what they do to the rolls before serving them to us.. ). A friend in the area found another place, but I have no idea on how well we would be received..

hmm.. I don't think the logistics of that would work out so well.. the Forum Meet being in a skybox.. the skybox not having sushi.. the Forum Meet being a Friday.. sushicon generally occuring outside of con...

Sorry, you'll just have to enjoy both ;)
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

did I mention how cool Sushi-go-round type places are?? ... just saying...

Comment

did I mention how cool Sushi-go-round type places are?? ... just saying...
                          You just thought it was cool to have your own token ring network, but just see how fun it is when one table decides to DOS the whole sushi-line.

Comment

Is a Sushi-go-Round like the Food-o-mat where Fry and Bender ate...

... a place with a conveyor belt that runs around all the tables, etc? damn, i'd love to eat there.
                            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                              damn, i'd love to eat there.
                              If I recall correctly, didn't the one in Futurama include things like Sushi, motor oil and *booze*?

Comment

Working...
                              X