This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle to Vegas and back?

My brother and I would love to attend our first Def Con on the cheap! Maybe you're driving, maybe you need a ride. At this point all details are up in the air, but sharing cost for gas is a must. We live in Seattle just off I-5 and would love to rideshare.

Re: Seattle to Vegas and back?

Originally posted by stevestretch
    My brother and I would love to attend our first Def Con on the cheap! Maybe you're driving, maybe you need a ride. At this point all details are up in the air, but sharing cost for gas is a must. We live in Seattle just off I-5 and would love to rideshare.
    Please include information about what you are seeking or offering.

(Read that link-to-post)

Right now, anyone reading your post has no idea if you are a smoker, not a smoker, will smoke in the car, or don't care about smokers in the car.
    They don't know when you will leave (day and time), be passing through towns on the way, and when you will return.
    They don't know how much "trunk" or "storage space you will need.
    They don't know if you will drive straight through or stop, and how hotel costs will be resolved on the way, or hotel selections will be made.

Help others. Help yourself. Provide information to help people make plans.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheCotMan]Please include information about what you are seeking or offering.

If we are to drive we will:

-Have two (possibly 3) seats available.

-Have a normal size sedan's worth of trunk space.

-Be Leaving in the evening on the second, or the early morning on the 3rd.

-Be Returning ASAP after the conclusion of the conference.

(but exact departure and return times are flexible)

-Happily stop and pick you up along the way, but will limit other stops to bathroom/lunch and an overnight (in a location [read, cheap ass motel] to be determined) on the night of the 3rd.

-Expect you to arrange your own lodging while in Vegas, but will drop and pick you up at a location of you choosing within 20 miles of the conference.

-Not permit smoking in the car.

-Have a CD player.

If we are riding with you we:

-Just need space for us two and one bag each that will be no larger than would fit in an airplane's overhead compartment, and one small backpack each.

-Are very flexible in terms of stops, departure and return times, and other passengers' particular eccentricities (smoking etc...)

Comment

Excellect! :-)

Comment

If your coming down through portland, I might be interested. I've got a jeep, so space might be tight and gas mileage sucks, so I'd be looking to hitch off of you.

Comment

Overnight?! I've done it twice (DC 11 & 12) without stopping.

My record (with one other driver) is 19.5 hours.

-JohnD

Originally posted by stevestretch

If we are to drive we will:

-Have two (possibly 3) seats available.

-Have a normal size sedan's worth of trunk space.

-Be Leaving in the evening on the second, or the early morning on the 3rd.

-Be Returning ASAP after the conclusion of the conference.

(but exact departure and return times are flexible)

-Happily stop and pick you up along the way, but will limit other stops to bathroom/lunch and an overnight (in a location [read, cheap ass motel] to be determined) on the night of the 3rd.

-Expect you to arrange your own lodging while in Vegas, but will drop and pick you up at a location of you choosing within 20 miles of the conference.

-Not permit smoking in the car.

-Have a CD player.

If we are riding with you we:

-Just need space for us two and one bag each that will be no larger than would fit in an airplane's overhead compartment, and one small backpack each.

-Are very flexible in terms of stops, departure and return times, and other passengers' particular eccentricities (smoking etc...)

Comment

If you still are looking for a ride, I leave tomorrow morning (3 Aug 06) am currently driving by myself and would love to share the cost of gas. Email me at markus713 at hotmail.com if you're interested. Put DEFCON in the subject.

Comment

Working...
              X