Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

    So I just heard a rumor being spread at HOPE, invented by someone who used to have green hair (You know who you are!) that I no longer care about DEF CON, and am selling the con to Nulltone. Sorry, but that is utter bullshit. Shame on you.
    PGP Key: https://defcon.org/html/links/dtangent.html

  • #2
    Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

    I heard nulltone was so rich now that he was buying defcon at a premium and cancelling it.. damn him. I was looking forward to con this year too. This is what happens when you let kids grow up and dominate the world.

    that's right.. and then let's insert something about DT being arrested/run over/mollested, post it on a few blogs and it will be TRUE!@!
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

      I heard Nulltone optioned the rights to DefCon: The Movie ... that's where the real money is made.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

        The movie:

        DEFCON: Raiders of the Lost ArcInfo

        Starring:
        DT: Tom Cruise
        Nulltone: Paul Reubens
        Roamer: Eric Stoltz
        Zak: Bob Hoskins
        Major: Pierce Brosnan
        Priest: Gene Hackman
        Queeg: Jabba the Hut
        Russr: Sting
        Dead Addict: Keith Richards
        Siviak: David Spade
        Mee: Lucy Liu
        Grifter: Sean Hayes
        Highwiz: Justin Timberlake

        Any others?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

          Originally posted by astcell
          The movie:

          DEFCON: Raiders of the Lost ArcInfo

          Starring:
          DT: Tom Cruise
          Nulltone: Paul Reubens
          Roamer: Eric Stoltz
          Zak: Bob Hoskins
          Major: Pierce Brosnan
          Priest: Gene Hackman
          Queeg: Jabba the Hut
          Russr: Sting
          Dead Addict: Keith Richards
          Siviak: David Spade
          Mee: Lucy Liu
          Grifter: Sean Hayes
          Highwiz: Justin Timberlake

          Any others?
          Noid: Dustin Hoffman
          ASTCell: Elliot Gould
          Bascule: Ozzy Osbourne
          Freaky: Eminem
          DataWorm: Johnny Depp

          :-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

            Originally posted by valkyrie
            Noid: Dustin Hoffman
            ASTCell: Elliot Gould
            Bascule: Ozzy Osbourne
            Freaky: Eminem
            DataWorm: Johnny Depp

            :-)
            Is it too much to ask that Jason Statham plays me in the movie?
            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

              Does this mean that Defcon is cancelled this year???

              Damn and I just bought my plane tickets. I need to call the airline

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                Erehwon, You are more of a Jack Black (Shallow Hal).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                  Originally posted by astcell
                  Erehwon, You are more of a Jack Black (Shallow Hal).
                  Ack, Jack Black?!?

                  No really, Jason Statham (The Transporter) makes perfect sense!
                  Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                    Before you guys derail this thread into oblivion...

                    Uhm, yeah. I don't know how this started, but I've been getting phone calls from people all day about this. To clear this up even further, I most likely will not be at Defcon this year due to a tight work and travel schedule, plus extended travel around Europe in a few weeks. I figure after doing (and later gooning) seven Defcons in a row, since I was a 12 year old, I think I earned a little break. I still have my forums account, but I handed over the admin position to TheCotMan.

                    So no, I'm not buying Defcon. But thanks.

                    And Astcell thinks I should be played by Paul Reubens? Seriously? That's pretty weak.

                    - Nulltone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                      Can we have a cameo of Jack Nicholson, playing Thorn ? Please.. Pretty Please ??

                      Oh, and someone Canadian playing Renderman. Maybe cater for the teens, by getting Avril Lavigne ? Black fedora, and less mascara, she'd be a dead ringer...

                      /me walks slowly away. Heatwave so to damn hot to run.

                      Dutch
                      Last edited by Dutch; July 23, 2006, 23:03.
                      All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                        Originally posted by Dutch
                        Oh, and someone Canadian playing Renderman
                        http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/t...-renderman.jpg

                        Originally posted by Dutch
                        ...Avril Lavigne ...a dead ringer...
                        too much body fat.
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                          Originally posted by nulltone
                          Before you guys derail this thread into oblivion...

                          Uhm, yeah. I don't know how this started, but I've been getting phone calls from people all day about this. To clear this up even further, I most likely will not be at Defcon this year due to a tight work and travel schedule, plus extended travel around Europe in a few weeks. I figure after doing (and later gooning) seven Defcons in a row, since I was a 12 year old, I think I earned a little break. I still have my forums account, but I handed over the admin position to TheCotMan.

                          So no, I'm not buying Defcon. But thanks.
                          Sure Nulltone, denial is nearly always confirmation, just like I wasn't in Baghdad when Saddam was busted...
                          Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                            Originally posted by astcell
                            The movie:

                            DEFCON: Raiders of the Lost ArcInfo

                            Starring:
                            DT: Tom Cruise
                            Nulltone: Paul Reubens
                            Roamer: Eric Stoltz
                            Zak: Bob Hoskins
                            Major: Pierce Brosnan
                            Priest: Gene Hackman
                            Queeg: Jabba the Hut
                            Russr: Sting
                            Dead Addict: Keith Richards
                            Siviak: David Spade
                            Mee: Lucy Liu
                            Grifter: Sean Hayes
                            Highwiz: Justin Timberlake

                            Any others?
                            I'd be in the credits, but not in the actual movie, since the black helicopter conspiracy keeps me from actually ever showing up at Defcon.
                            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bullshit rumors out of HOPE

                              Originally posted by nulltone
                              I handed over the admin position to TheCotMan.
                              Shhh! That was supposed to be a secret!

                              Seriously though, it has been fun. :-)

                              By the way, DT gave me these legal papers for transfer of title; how would you like me to deliver them to you?
                              Oh wait. I was supposed to ask you this in PM. Crap. Too bad there is no edit feature.

                              Originally posted by theprez98
                              I'd be in the credits, but not in the actual movie, since the black helicopter conspiracy keeps me from actually ever showing up at Defcon.
                              My role in the film won't actually be in the film either, but one of working on the food table for the actors and people working on the movie. It will be my job to make sure every poppy seed bagel has exactly 140 poppy seeds, and that every pizza slice has exactly 5.21 olives. I'll wear really thick glasses and talk through my nose, and sound like a cross between Kermit the frog and Fran Drescher
                              I won't be mentioned in the credits but my vast food service empire will be.

                              Who's going to be the Casting Couch Supervisor?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X