Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone need a ride from LA to LV Thur Morning?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need a ride from LA to LV Thur Morning?

I'm in Santa Barbara for the weeks around `con and am doing the rental car roadtrip to LV this year - I'm also a complete n00b to California - anyone needing a ride from LA on thursday (leaving just before noon) ? only looking to split gas as far as costs go and have someone riding with me who knows Cali better than I do. I'm returning on Monday afternoon if you're taking the return trip with me.

Re: Anyone need a ride from LA to LV Thur Morning?

Hey my girlfriend and I are leaving from Santa Barbara thursday after work and return sunday afternoon. You can catch a ride with us if you didn't want to rent a car.

Comment

Originally posted by databeast
      I'm in Santa Barbara for the weeks around `con and am doing the rental car roadtrip to LV this year - I'm also a complete n00b to California - anyone needing a ride from LA on thursday (leaving just before noon) ? only looking to split gas as far as costs go and have someone riding with me who knows Cali better than I do. I'm returning on Monday afternoon if you're taking the return trip with me.
      I'm a little late in the game, thought i'd ask anyway.
      Still got a seat available?

Comment

nope, I still got seats open.

planned leaving time is 12:30 Thursday, You're in LA right? if you need a ride back I'm leaving monday about the same time.

PM me a phone # and I'll get a a hold of you tonight. Must be comfortable with stomping industrial music fr 6 hours, and being driven through california by an Englishman.(what side of the road do you drive on over here?)

Comment

You may want to check with LA2600 - I know there were a couple still looking as of a few days ago, but don't know if their plans have changed or not. http://www.la2600.org for mailing list & IRC info. The list is probably a better bet, though.

And it's fairly safe to say that few people around here are likely to be put off by large quantities of industrial on the stereo - it seems to almost be a condition of participating at this stage.

Comment

heh, I posted to la2600 a few days ago dude, I'm that Constantine guy..

nobody bit, and we talked about how Bmbr made people wet..
            Last edited by databeast; August 1, 2006, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by databeast
              heh, I posted to la2600 a few days ago dude, I'm that Constantine guy..

nobody bit, and we talked about how Bmbr made people wet..
              Ah, now the penny drops. Surprised nobody took you up on it; people were doing the oh-shit-I-need-a-ride dance a few days ago. Who knows, maybe they sorted themselves out.

Comment

that, or none of them wants to be in a car being driven by a Brit, who's never been through Cali before, hell I wouldnt blame them..

but yeah, I got two takers now so it should be a good jaunt down there through LA, ben years since I last roadtripped to vegas, be good to see some of you fuckers again, last time I was at `con was `02.

Comment

I'm over on the IRC LA2600 channel myself right now ;)
                  "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                  X