X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

BE THE NEXT BEER BETTY OR VINYL VANNA!

Are you a suicide girl, aspiring fetish model, or hacker female who won't take $|-|1+ from anyone?

Want to be known to thousands of Defcon attendees?

Audition to become the next Vinyl Vanna!

Post a reply in this thread with the following info:
    1. Name
    2. Picture (Entrants posting NSFW pictures will be disqualified.)
    3. Website (If applicable)
    4. Prior Defcon Experience (None is OK!)
    5. Top 3 Reasons why you think you'd make a great Vinyl Vanna/Beer Betty!

HEY FORUM: Tell us what you think of the Vinyl Vannas!
    Post your constructive comments as a reply each candidate post.
    (Abusive, derogatory or otherwise offensive comments will be deleted.)

General Guidelines:
    • All Vinyl Vanna candidates must be at least 21 years of age by August 4, 2006 and be willing to show a government-issued ID.
    • Vinyl Vanna candidates MUST ALREADY HAVE PLANS TO BE AT DEFCON and MUST PLAN TO ARRIVE AT THE RIVIERA ON FRIDAY BY 13:00 (1 PM).
    • Vinyl Vanna entrants must have a valid e-mail account on file with the Defcon forums.
    • Vinyl Vanna finalists will be selected by DC staff from forum postings on or before August 2, depending on participation level.
    • Vinyl Vanna finalists will be contacted via e-mail and/or the forums for a phone number by August 2 and "confirmed present" via phone on Friday afternoon.
    • Vinyl Vanna finalists will meet with DC staff on Friday afternoon to confirm eligibility, sign a release waiver and be briefed on the rules and guidelines in effect.
    • Vinyl Vanna finalists and Beer Betties participating on Friday and Saturday nights will have their Defcon entry fee waived or refunded and/or receive a gift package from DC of equivalent value.
    • The Vinyl Vanna will be chosen by audience noise measure on Friday night. Finalists not selected to be Vinyl Vanna will be expected to be "Beer Betties" and participate in the event on Friday and Saturday nights.

Questions or concerns? See the comments/questions/concerns thread or e-mail Nick Farr.

This thread is for VINYL VANNA CANDIDATES AND COMMENTS ONLY.

All other posts will be deleted by admins and DC staff.
    Last edited by nickfarr; July 24th, 2006, 15:12.

Re: Hacker Jeopardy Vinyl Vanna Contest: DEADLINE AUGUST 1

Hey!!

WTF!?!?! I was Beer Betty last year and I was asked back for this year, having been told I'd been the best Beer Betty they'd had in FAR too long. Now you're tellling me I have to compete to get my "job" back???

Whose ass do I have to beat? :)

1. Name - Banasidhe
    2. Picture - http://www.23.org/bios/banshee.html
    3. Website - Banasidhe.com (under construction)
    4. Prior Defcon Experience - Causin' DC fun since 1996
    5. Top Reasons why you think you'd make a great Vinyl Vanna/Beer Betty!

#5 - I'm hot 'n' sexy and look great in fetishwear/catholic schoolgirl outfits.

#4 - I have over 14 years experience in alcohol service and event security and know the difference between Buzzed, drunk and "Call the EMT'S!"

#3 - I was planning on bringing puke-pails this year, as I noticed they were sadly lacking last year.

#2 - I know the game, the rules the set-up and the "job" duties already and have prior experience

and the #1 reason I should be allowed to reprise the role of Beer Betty this year??

#1 - I bring my own bottle-opener

[Content added by TheCotMan:]
    This thread is for signup. This post is perfectly fine here. Replies to this post here are not fine, UNLESS they are signups.
    If you wish to respond to this post, go here.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 26th, 2006, 17:41. Reason: Content added
    There's a better form of security: Reconnect with the rest of the world, don't shut it out; stop making enemies and start making friends. Perhaps it's asking a lot to expect America to act differently from all the other empires in history, but wasn't that the original idea?' -Brian Eno

Comment

Working...
    X