Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think makers of spyware come to Con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think makers of spyware come to Con?

If so, i would like to find out who they are, so i can punch them in the face.
    I would hope such low-lifes wouldn't attend, but then i guess this would be the con they would want to come to. Do you or anyone you know code spyware and come to con?

Re: Do you think makers of spyware come to Con?

Originally posted by twincat
    If so, i would like to find out who they are, so i can punch them in the face.
    I would hope such low-lifes wouldn't attend, but then i guess this would be the con they would want to come to. Do you or anyone you know code spyware and come to con?
    Heh heh heh hah hah.

You have said what you would like to do to a spyware/maleware writer if you found them. Do you think anyone will step forward and claim to be one?

Here would be my Attack.

"You see that guy over there?" (points to someone who is annoying)
    "Yep."
    "He is a spyware writer."
    *SMACK*
    "No, the guy next to him.
    *SMACK*
    "No the *other* guy"
    *SMACK*
    (Police show up)

Yeah. I sense this it not the way to go about finding spyware creators at con.
    (The sample "skit" is pretty funny, though only because it would be a bad idea to do it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
      Heh heh heh hah hah.

Yeah. I sense this it not the way to go about finding spyware creators at con.
      (The sample "skit" is pretty funny, though only because it would be a bad idea to do it. :-)
      ahh yes friend...but i am lookin for a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by twincat
        ahh yes friend...but i am lookin for a fight!
        I am guessing you are just joking and are not at all serious about fighting. (the seems to indicate this.)

If you are not, or other people are reading this think fighting is something to do at Defcon, fighting at Defcon is a really bad idea. People have been banned from Defcon for fighting before. I don't remember anyone being banned from defcon for "life" for fighting, but it is possible,

Defcon is a party, it is supposed to be fun. Most people don't find fighting fun.

An Answer to your question:
        Virus coders and other coders of malware have attended Defcon in the past. I've met and talked with people at Defcon that seemed to know a lot about the design and construction of malware, but just because someone can make such software does not mean they do so and release it to the public. They could just as easily work for an AntiVirus commpany, or have an interesting hobby.

Yes, I am sure there are spyware coders that attend Defcon, but most probably do not broadcast this due to the unwanted attention it brings.

Comment

Well I certainly was joking. I just thought it was an interesting postluation. And also interesting that having had such a good time at the past 6 defcons and meeting such awsome people, that there might also be people there who create such annoying uselss software.

Comment

If they were to claim such a title, I am sure we could hold them down and let Queeg teabag them..
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
              ...and let Queeg teabag them..
              Teabag? Will they get any cream with that tea?

Would a key-logger be considered spyware?
              What about tools like ttysnoop for *nix systems?
              Would you consider cookies to be a form of spyware?
              What about programmers that work for the government, who may make software to install an target machines for the purpose of evidence collection or espionage?
              What about a sniffer, or is that too far away from the "installed host"?

<BAD JOKE ALERT>
              What about the clothing worn by spies? You-know... "spy-wear" ... would that be considered spyware too?
              </BAD JOKE ALERT>
              Last edited by TheCotMan; July 31st, 2006, 10:45. Reason: typo

Comment

Rumor has it Jeff Moss will be attending this year. Hes the guy who wrote Gator. Kick him in the shins for a valuable prize. :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                  Teabag? Will they get any cream with that tea?
                  just ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by secret_squirrel
                    just ice cream
                    Chromosome waffle cone for you, sir!

Comment

Would Bob and Connie approve? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by secret_squirrel
                        Would Bob and Connie approve? ;)
                        Outlook not so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X