in room televisions at the Riviera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in room televisions at the Riviera

quick question for anyone who's already in town or who has checked these details before arriving...

what are the connectors like on the back of the in-room TVs at the Riviera? i tend to use my hotel room TV for the occasional laptop-based entertainment or as a set of speakers for music but want to know if i'm facing RCA jacks or just a coax connector on the back. anyone have the skinny on this?
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: in room televisions at the Riviera

rumors are that they are 19" philips tv's with no inputs on the front.

this is all i know.
    jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by jur1st
      rumors are that they are 19" philips tv's with no inputs on the front.

this is all i know.
      looks like i'm bringing an RF modulator then. better to be safe than sorry. heh, with the way my schedule is packed this year i doubt i'll even turn the laptop on, let alone attach to the TV.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

I asked about VCRs while verifying my reservation and was told that there are no connections.

Comment

The TVs have no RCA inputs and they have a security connector on the RF input. The room I am in has only 3 available outlets, none near the little table they provide you, I ended up unplugging my clock on using the 2 outlets near the bed. Bring a power strip if you have much gear to plug in / charge. There are also 2 outlets near a little vanity mirror next to the closet. The standard room also doesn't have a bath tub (shower only) and the towles are about as thick as butcher paper.

Comment

Ditto, I am in a deluxe in the med. tower and that appears to be the setup that I have here as well.

-goathead
            If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

No bathtub? Where do you keep the keg?

Comment

Working...
              X