DJ mess up on Friday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ mess up on Friday night?

Can someone explain as to why the DJ line up was messed up on Friday night - as in, what happened to DJ Delchi's set?

Many of us locals were looking forward to hearing the only local DJ spin at DEFCON - and he was allowed only a handfull of tracks; and it seems there was another fellow lurking about screwing with him while he was DJing.

What gives?

Re: DJ mess up on Friday night?

I know Delchi personally, and went up to see his set. Only to watch him stand on stage for 2 hours waiting for some weird guy who train wreked 3 times in first 5min of set to finish. Who was that guy anyways? Was he on the list in program?
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
      I know Delchi personally, and went up to see his set. Only to watch him stand on stage for 2 hours waiting for some weird guy who train wreked 3 times in first 5min of set to finish. Who was that guy anyways? Was he on the list in program?
      I am not trying to spread rumors but what I heard that Delchi was supposed to close the set. Unfortunately the last thing I heard was that Delchi was running late at Krave and wasn't going to make it in time to relieve some of the people. There were only 4 DJ's scheduled and 2 not going to be there since Shatter canceled. So no, they were not in the program.
      tommEE pickles

Comment

Originally posted by tommEE
        I am not trying to spread rumors but what I heard that Delchi was supposed to close the set. Unfortunately the last thing I heard was that Delchi was running late at Krave and wasn't going to make it in time to relieve some of the people. There were only 4 DJ's scheduled and 2 not going to be there since Shatter canceled. So no, they were not in the program.
        Thanks for the info tommEE; though it sounds like someone was spreading FUD. AFAIK, Delchi left Krave on time.

Comment

As Tommee said, basically we were told that Shatter and Delchi both cancelled, so for the timeslot Delchi was to play, Pierrorist took his spot (Big dude with the sunglasses on and a goatee).

Just a miscommunication I suppose. But yeah, that's what we were told, and Kris had to find replacements at the last minute.

Anyway, the line-up for the black ball was as follows:

9:00-10:30 - Norm (Fucking don't know his DJ name, haha...)
          10:30-12:00 - Spekulum (Hai that's me)
          12:00-1:30 - Kris Klink
          1:30-3:00 - Pierrorist
          3:00-3:15? - Delchi

For those who missed Norm, he passed out on the stage behind all the boxes about a half hour after his set was over. Here's a nice pic of it:
          http://www.hatesville.com/normisdead.jpg

I'm not sure where his shoes went

Originally posted by IrishMASMS
          Can someone explain as to why the DJ line up was messed up on Friday night - as in, what happened to DJ Delchi's set?

Many of us locals were looking forward to hearing the only local DJ spin at DEFCON - and he was allowed only a handfull of tracks; and it seems there was another fellow lurking about screwing with him while he was DJing.

What gives?

Last edited by jtx; August 9, 2006, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jtx
            As Tommee said, basically we were told that Shatter and Delchi both cancelled, so for the timeslot Delchi was to play, Pierrorist took his spot (Big dude with the sunglasses on and a goatee).

Just a miscommunication I suppose. But yeah, that's what we were told, and Kris had to find replacements at the last minute.
            So it was Pierrorist starting his usual shitstorm?!?!!? Jesus Christ on a Harley!

Wow, DEFCON was hacked by a lame assed DJ with an agenda and a vendetta - who has never been to DEFCON before & is not even in the scene. I would have thought you guys would have spotted such a lame N00b such as Pierrorist a mile away. I pray you guys have learned your lesson just like the promoters here in Vegas & in LA have with this fellow – stay away from him at all costs, because he is just not worth it.

Next time, how about asking the ACTUAL DJ if they are canceling?

Next time, how about asking the Vegas locals for some suggestions on replacements? We are more than happy to assist, and most of us have a long history in the scene & with DEFCON.

[shakes head] someone was played, and played hard – with the attendees getting the short end of the stick. How lame, IMHO.

Comment

No need to start with the conspiracy theories here. Bink called me and Kris saying Delchi and Shatter couldn't make it. Kris made some calls, got Pierre and Norm. Pierre had nothing to do with Delchi being pushed out of the line-up, it just so happened that there was a miscommunication, and we got Pierre since he lives up there and both Kris and I know him.... The Pierre/Delchi apparent "rivalry" is just a coincidence, we had no idea.

And by the way, this all happened about 2 days before con, it was all very very last minute so there wasn't much time find replacements (And neither Kris nor myself wanted to do 3 hour sets)

A little help here with this mess, Bink?

Originally posted by IrishMASMS
              So it was Pierrorist starting his usual shitstorm?!?!!? Jesus Christ on a Harley!

Wow, DEFCON was hacked by a lame assed DJ with an agenda and a vendetta - who has never been to DEFCON before & is not even in the scene. I would have thought you guys would have spotted such a lame N00b such as Pierrorist a mile away. I pray you guys have learned your lesson just like the promoters here in Vegas & in LA have with this fellow – stay away from him at all costs, because he is just not worth it.

Next time, how about asking the ACTUAL DJ if they are canceling?

Next time, how about asking the Vegas locals for some suggestions on replacements? We are more than happy to assist, and most of us have a long history in the scene & with DEFCON.

[shakes head] someone was played, and played hard – with the attendees getting the short end of the stick. How lame, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by jtx
                No need to start with the conspiracy theories here. Bink called me and Kris saying Delchi and Shatter couldn't make it. Kris made some calls, got Pierre and Norm. Pierre had nothing to do with Delchi being pushed out of the line-up, it just so happened that there was a miscommunication, and we got Pierre since he lives up there and both Kris and I know him.... The Pierre/Delchi apparent "rivalry" is just a coincidence, we had no idea.

And by the way, this all happened about 2 days before con, it was all very very last minute so there wasn't much time find replacements (And neither Kris nor myself wanted to do 3 hour sets)

A little help here with this mess, Bink?

Two days before is "very very last minute"???? Again, as I posted above - if you had contacted Delchi he could have suggested a dozen different DJs in Vegas that would have filled the void - many with prior DEFCON experience and are in the scene/regular attendees. More than enough time, way more – if you had contacted the right people.

BTW, Pierre lives in LA - not Vegas. BTW, there is no "rivalry" but rather everyone in Vegas refuses to work with such an unprofessional and untalented individual. Delchi is one of the few that has called Pierre on his unprofessional manner, and instead of Pierre taking the constructive criticism he has taken it to another level. I assume you caught his actions and Djing ability that night, further examples can also be provided.

No conspiracy theories, just raising the bullshit flag. It is bullshit that someone that was given a DJ slot was pushed out, that was published in the DEFCON book & previously announced can be pushed out of the way by some false information. It is bullshit that someone who is not in the scene, never been to DEFCON, and has no talent can be slid right in to take that DJ slot.

Though it is nice to see you are standing up to protect your friend, and your actions on hooking up your friends with DJ slots...

Comment

Mix up or not, I was just upset that this pierre guy was not very good on the tables.
                  "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                  X