Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defcon Marksmanship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Defcon Marksmanship

    We've had a defcon shoot before what about defcon marksmanship contest??

    To glib this in an odd fashion it doent necessarily have to be typical firearms.. for instance, nerf marksmanship with bonus points awarded to unique/homeade/hacked solutions.

    Though I still think firearms would be the most fun.
    One man can change the world.
    ------------------------------------------
    "Hello everybody out there using minix -
    I'm doing a (free) operating system ..."
    - Linus Benedict Torvalds -

  • #2
    Re: Defcon Marksmanship

    Originally posted by Chosen1 View Post
    We've had a defcon shoot before what about defcon marksmanship contest??

    To glib this in an odd fashion it doent necessarily have to be typical firearms.. for instance, nerf marksmanship with bonus points awarded to unique/homeade/hacked solutions.

    Though I still think firearms would be the most fun.
    I know several members of DC208 who would bring their weapons for a competitive shoot. Does anyone know of a range we can use around Las Vegas since the one that was used last time is supposedly no more?

    Cheers,
    Vog

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Defcon Marksmanship

      Originally posted by Vog View Post
      I know several members of DC208 who would bring their weapons for a competitive shoot. Does anyone know of a range we can use around Las Vegas since the one that was used last time is supposedly no more?

      Cheers,
      Vog
      People in Las Vegas supposedly working on building a shooting park:
      Las Vegas Shooting Park
      Home Page

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Defcon Marksmanship

        I like the alternative weapons.. especially if they are semi-random.

        Rubberband gun, nerf, maybe even airsoft?

        Set up a small office cube-land, and time you as you go through shooting printers, monitors and telephones.
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Defcon Marksmanship

          Some "good guy" vs. "hostile" targets would be good, too. Then it isn't completely just shoot'n'run.
          Thorn
          "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Defcon Marksmanship

            Originally posted by Thorn View Post
            Some "good guy" vs. "hostile" targets would be good, too. Then it isn't completely just shoot'n'run.
            If these were pictures or caricatures of "good guys" and "bad guys" and this were to take place at Defcon, what would the good guys and bad guys look like? Would the bad guys include hackers or feds? or both? ] : >

            Some suggestions for bad guys:
            Scene Whores (the worst kind, since some people like having monkey butlers)
            Spammers
            Lawyers (heh heh)

            Good Guy examples:
            Contest/Event Leaders/Organizers
            Goons
            PIctures of "Well Known Hackers" that are not in jail right now, or never have been.
            Well known Defcon Speakers

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Defcon Marksmanship

              Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
              I like the alternative weapons.. especially if they are semi-random.

              Rubberband gun, nerf, maybe even airsoft?

              Set up a small office cube-land, and time you as you go through shooting printers, monitors and telephones.
              A Defcon Three Nerf-Gun tournament would be interesting!
              Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Defcon Marksmanship

                lol shoot the fed with airsoft ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Defcon Marksmanship

                  Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                  Some "good guy" vs. "hostile" targets would be good, too. Then it isn't completely just shoot'n'run.
                  Bad >> carolyn P Meinel

                  Good >> Tangent

                  Bettter not test your luck >> Priest


                  heh
                  One man can change the world.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  "Hello everybody out there using minix -
                  I'm doing a (free) operating system ..."
                  - Linus Benedict Torvalds -

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Defcon Marksmanship

                    Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                    I like the alternative weapons.. especially if they are semi-random.

                    Rubberband gun, nerf, maybe even airsoft?

                    Set up a small office cube-land, and time you as you go through shooting printers, monitors and telephones.
                    Maybe Like an obsticle course where you have to change weapons at designated areas when advancing to the next challenge?
                    One man can change the world.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    "Hello everybody out there using minix -
                    I'm doing a (free) operating system ..."
                    - Linus Benedict Torvalds -

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Defcon Marksmanship

                      Chosen1, want to make a run by CoonCon HQ to arm up? ;-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Defcon Marksmanship

                        Originally posted by Vog View Post
                        I know several members of DC208 who would bring their weapons for a competitive shoot. Does anyone know of a range we can use around Las Vegas since the one that was used last time is supposedly no more?

                        Cheers,
                        Vog
                        There's a ton of ranges in Vegas. SOF used to hold their NFA stuff out at Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol Club (dsrpc.net). It's a good range, I used to be a member. You'd have to contact them for arrangements, I don't live in Vegas anymore.

                        Just about every other range is limited to pistols and light stuff. You don't want to blow a hole out the backstop and kill the 7-11 clerk with your .50BMG. I think that's why the desert was traditionally used.

                        Anyway, if someone wants to organize, I'll show.

                        Perhaps this would be better directed to the shootlist???
                        "I know where you sleep." -Anonymous well-wisher

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X