DefCon Schwag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefCon Schwag

Ok, so here's the deal. Every year we get more an d more T-shirts at the con. But, you know, T-shirts get worn out and look nasty after while. I'd like to see some other things in the vendor area this year... something cool. Problem is, I'm not sure what are really good ideas that would sell.

Any suggestions? Ideas? We've got time right now for me to make recommendations to people who want to reserve the tables. Tell us what you're looking for.

I liked the DOC thongs personally. I think they need to get some models for them and just sell those (the models I mean) :D
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

How bout some of those annoying little laser pointers with dc and other group logos on them....

Comment

schwag to brag

The bumper stickers and pins are great items, we probably spent $50 on those. The baby clothing was a hoot too.

I know what you mean about the t-shirts, some of the designs are just plain boring.

I'd like to see some polo shirts with smaller breast pocket logos that I can wear to work. Maybe key fobs, pens, pencils, and I'd pay $100 for a Defcon sweater for my miniature schnauzer.

Comment

I thought I'd resurrect this post since there wasn't too many responses. We all know people love DC Schwag. So give us some damn ideas and we'll get you what you want to have.

Some things I was thinking about were clocks, pens, license plate frames, mugs, mousepads, I even know a place that would make custom snowboards. Riding a DefCon snowboard would be slick, but only if you're actually into that kind of thing.

Just some thoughts. I'd like to hear some other ideas.
          .: Grifter :.

Comment

any word from jinx?
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

big guys need schwag too

man I love the "Talk Nerdy to Me" shirt on Jinx's site. She needs to do more 2XL sizes though.

Let me offer that up as a suggestion too...try to have a good selection of 2XL sizes RE: the Defcon Schwag.

I got a good job and $$$ to spend on highly valuable geek items
              (even the useless crap too) while I'm at the CON

All geeks dont weigh 98 pounds and stand 5"5

/me is 6"5 and 260#

L8r

Comment

Schwag I'd buy

Post-It notes. I got hundreds but I use thousands. I love 'em. I could use some DC posties here.

Quality shirts, polo shirt style maybe. But I said that already. Avoid the cheap iron on transfers that are crooked and are too dark to go with the shirt. Maybe get some embroidering at a good place?

Keychains, seat covers, FRS Radio tweaking kits, mousepads, pen and pencil sets, Palm Pilot cases, baseball caps with logos, coffee mugs with interesting colors and designs....

Heck we're all starving for some intelligent input. The comic books last year were cool, and a lot of the computer hardware was nice to see for a change. And the DOC panties, who can forget those? The vendors had it rough in such a small area.

Comment

I wish that Jinx would sell the DefCon Lanyards. I don't know how many times every year someone comes up to me that has lost their lanyard and wants a new one, only to be told no dice.

Plus it would be nice for those that would like to purchase extras.

Would anyone else like to see this?

Comment

Has anyone thought of having a Caffeine Booth? They would sell nearly every caffeinated product, and some caffeine paraphernalia (shirts, mugs). Like the Caffeine section at Thinkgeek. I was thinking that Think Geek could host the thing, especially since they have all the products already.
                    I’m worried about Think Geek dominating the DC Vendor area, but it would be cool if they had a little booth there, besides a caffeine area. They could sell some of their more popular products (shirts, gadgets)
                    As long as they don’t dominate the place, I think that Think Geek will be fine. Or someone else could supply the caffine...?

Comment

i'll second the 2xl shirts.. i'm a big guy too and it annoys me how few people give the option [must admit jinx is one of the best I've seen recently, kudos! :) ] how about some of those nifty plastic-type car window decals; you know, the ones that actually can be taken off at some point and reused without leaving 60% or so of itself left behind.... i'd slap one of those suckers up
                      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Think Geek

I'm okay with having Think Geek there, but they need to get in touch with Chris or I so we can arrange something. You know anyone there, nulltone? I guess Chris could "cold call" them. hahahaha

The whole 2XL thing is kind of weird to me. I hear people talk about how they don't sell as well, but I wonder if that's because the vendors dont bring them in? Grifter? Did you bring any 2XL last year?

Comment

Re: Think Geek

Originally posted by russ
                          I'm okay with having Think Geek there, but they need to get in touch with Chris or I so we can arrange something. You know anyone there, nulltone? I guess Chris could "cold call" them. hahahaha

The whole 2XL thing is kind of weird to me. I hear people talk about how they don't sell as well, but I wonder if that's because the vendors dont bring them in? Grifter? Did you bring any 2XL last year?
                          Nulltone...
                          Send me an email (chris@defcon.org) with Think Geek's contact info and I will get in touch with them. Thanks for volunteering me for cold calls Russ....would you like to learn how to save $$ on your long distance bill too?

Comment

no thanks!

Not interested in the long distance thing... but can you show me how to move 2 streets away in LESS than a FULL week!? hahahaha

<russ ducks... errr.... duck ducks>

Comment

XXL

Grifter? Did you bring any 2XL last year?
                              Yeah I brought 20 XXL thinking I wouldn't sell many, and they were gone on the first day. DefCon attendees are big sons of bitches. Take a look at the Halibut guys, they're no small fries. (hehe, that rhymes)
                              .: Grifter :.

Comment

Working...
                              X