Clear All

• Hans Reiser - DRAMA IN THE LUNIXVERSE

So, who thinks he killed his wife?

http://ninareiser.com/
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: Hans Reiser - DRAMA IN THE LUNIXVERSE

I'm not sure who did it, but apparently the police have arrested him as a suspect.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...GERLM3RR15.DTL

Comment

There were also claims that he was destroying evidence, and upon searching his house, they found a book on how police investigate crime scenes.

This is scary; books you own can be used against you if allegations are made against you for breaking laws related to any topics covered in the books you own.

I know this is nothing new, it is just scary.

In such cases, books on topics in the grey areas related to hacking could be used against you if you were ever accused of any computer crime.

Also, these generalized statements without specifics, like, "destroying evidence," really bug me too. What evidence was alegedly destroyed? It is really lame when the media doesn't report specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
        There were also claims that he was destroying evidence, and upon searching his house, they found a book on how police investigate crime scenes.
        They found books. Plural.

This is scary; books you own can be used against you if allegations are made against you for breaking laws related to any topics covered in the books you own.
        I'm as libertarian as the next geek; probably more so. Just the same, there were more than just books.

In such cases, books on topics in the grey areas related to hacking could be used against you if you were ever accused of any computer crime.
        If you were intending on committing a crime, and had books specifically related to it, then yes, they can and will be used.

Also, these generalized statements without specifics, like, "destroying evidence," really bug me too. What evidence was alegedly destroyed? It is really lame when the media doesn't report specifics.
        You need to read different papers. Destroying evidence like the back seats of the car (the house and car both contained blood spatters, of his ex-wife's blood type). There were others. He's a smart man, but I think in this case he'll find that he should have stuck to coding.

It's a sad business.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan

Well...if that's case I hope the walking dead don't find my Zombie Survival Guide (http://tinyurl.com/yd6gry) when they attack.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Well...if that's case I hope the walking dead don't find my Zombie Survival Guide (http://tinyurl.com/yd6gry) when they attack.
            Chris, i OWN this book. Now I am scared.
            ======================================
            DJ Jackalope
            dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
            ======================================

Comment

Man, If that is the case, I REALLY hope they dont find my copy of Crime and Punishment, as i regularly use the expression "Let me poke your brain for a minute".

Oh well, They will never find the bodies anyway.
              "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu
                You need to read different papers. Destroying evidence like the back seats of the car (the house and car both contained blood spatters, of his ex-wife's blood type).
                Yes, the story covered the blood in the house as well as the car, but they didn't say what evidence he was supposed to have been destroyed. Was the evidence the blood?

Yeah, I'll have to go out and find more about this story on my own; the TV-news does not give much detail.

It's a sad business.
                Yep.

Originally posted by Chris
                Great. Now you have admitted to having this? When the dead rise up out of the ground, hungry for brains, you know who the police are going to visit.

Luckily, Zombies don't have internet access, so they won't know you have the book.

This could be a good thing though. If both the police and the Zombies are after you for having this book, perhaps the police will kill the zombies, or the zombies will get full of police brains, get tired and go back to sleep.

Comment

I just hope they don't find my copy of "Debbie Does Dallas" next time there's a serial rapist loose in Copenhagen...

Dutch
                  All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                    I just hope they don't find my copy of "Debbie Does Dallas" next time there's a serial rapist loose in Copenhagen...

Dutch
                    Unless they also find your little blue pills, you'll be safe.
                    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Hopefully someone will maintain his work on the Reisler File System.

Comment

Originally posted by shrdlu View Post
                        He's a smart man, but I think in this case he'll find that he should have stuck to coding.

It's a sad business.
                        I've learned from Law & Order that murder is a much sadder business than coding.

Comment

Well, that settles it. He's guilty.
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                          [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                            I just hope they don't find my copy of "Debbie Does Dallas" next time there's a serial rapist loose
                            heh.. dood.. your heart can't even handle the excitement of flying to vegas, let alone Renderman's hotness. :p

Originally posted by Clp727 View Post
                            Hopefully someone will maintain his work on the Reisler File System.
                            ..wait..wait.. has anyone confirmed that ReiserFS is the linux project he involved himself with? I only see taglines of 'linux kernel' and 'linux community' .. nothing stating which portion...
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                              heh.. dood.. your heart can't even handle the excitement of flying to vegas, let alone Renderman's hotness. :p

..wait..wait.. has anyone confirmed that ReiserFS is the linux project he involved himself with? I only see taglines of 'linux kernel' and 'linux community' .. nothing stating which portion...
                              Wow. I'd like to think you were joking, but just in case... ReiserFS is called that because it's named aftger Hans Reiser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Reiser

(Glad the picture's a normal one, not the one Bascule posted)

Comment

Working...
                              X