G4 to be dismantaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 to be dismantaled

Digg Reports G4 TV will be dismatled as a failed project by Comcast. Interesting news concidering Wikipedia's TechTV page that speculated Comcast de-listed TechTV to de-value and aquire it.

This does not make me a happy camper, as I still miss Silicon Spin and Big Thinkers. How does a company buy out a channel to remove competion, only to fold their own channel!
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Re: G4 to be dismantaled

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
    Digg Reports G4 TV will be dismatled as a failed project by Comcast. Interesting news concidering Wikipedia's TechTV page that speculated Comcast de-listed TechTV to de-value and aquire it.

This does not make me a happy camper, as I still miss Silicon Spin and Big Thinkers. How does a company buy out a channel to remove competion, only to fold their own channel!
    When Tech TV became G4, it began the decline in programming that has yet to stop. I for one am glad to see Tech TV's zombie corpse to be laid down to rest.

Comment

I used to love TechTV. I have some fond memories of sitting around baked with my friends watching the Screen Savers quickly closing Winpopup windows after showing their external IP to the audience live. Aah, memories.

Nowadays? Television is an obsolete medium to me.
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Only thing I'm going to miss is the next generation reruns. Just as well, I think Good Eats is on at that time anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BonzoESC View Post
          Only thing I'm going to miss is the next generation reruns. Just as well, I think Good Eats is on at that time anyways.
          next generation reruns can be found on Spike in the afternoon...

As for all this TechTV & G4 crap, Comcast makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
            I used to love TechTV. I have some fond memories of sitting around baked with my friends.... <SNIP>
            Nowadays? Television is an obsolete medium to me.
            But the getting baked part continues unabated I would wager :)
            Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by BonzoESC View Post
              Only thing I'm going to miss is the next generation reruns.
              Originally posted by IrishMASMS View Post
              next generation reruns can be found on Spike in the afternoon
              i recall watching TNG after school occasionally and had fond memories of it... man, how we change as we grow up. i see the show on nowadays occasionally and am given to wonder "was it really this bad when i used to watch it?"

i mean, it's still a decent enough program i suppose. (hardly the weakest link in the star trek franchise... and if you've ever had a friend like i do who leaves SciFi on 24/7 you're more than aware of the absolute shit that makes it on the air in this genre)

but man... i never recognized how heavy-handed the thematic elements are in that show. the writers really beat people over the head with whatever point they were trying to make in an episode. some of the ones i've seen nowadays are like after school specials.
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

I really enjoyed TechTV, prior to the G$ take over. The shows were great. According to a Digg story, Leo Laporte and others are going to launch http://www.undotv.com/ soon. I was glad to see that most of the TechTV cast members were able to continue doing something after G4 took over. Hopefully the day will come when the old shows will be brought back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                  i mean, it's still a decent enough program i suppose. (hardly the weakest link in the star trek franchise... and if you've ever had a friend like i do who leaves SciFi on 24/7 you're more than aware of the absolute shit that makes it on the air in this genre)
                  I guess the crux of the issue (hell yeah second time I've used "crux" today) is that if your only notable show is a 20-year-old scifi then you might as well throw in the towel.

I wonder if we'll look back in 2020 and realize Law & Order is the same way?

Comment

Working...
                  X