DefconBots 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefconBots 2007

Last year we had a great turnout with six excellent teams and hundreds of spectators (probably thousands overall). The teams got interviewed by a bunch of media outlets including the Associated Press and Toms Hardware.

This year the rules are very similar, with two major changes:
    1) The competition will be head to head double elimination. That means two bots firing at the same time trying to shoot down their targets first!
    2) No more IR! This should even the playing field a bit, since the IR got progressively worse as the contest went on last time.

There will be a completely new arena too, so no more trouble with the wire bouncing and knocking down extra targets.

Got questions? Email me or post here!

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Re: DefconBots 2007

Kallahar, why don't you just break down and get the Haxxxor chicks to wear LED vests and run around like a duck shoot? ;)

LosT

Comment

Heh heh, that does sound fun...
      --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Make it water-proof LED t-shirts and then we can have a Wet Bots contest!
        DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
          Kallahar, why don't you just break down and get the Haxxxor chicks to wear LED vests and run around like a duck shoot? ;)

LosT

Make it the (MILES) weapons practice system AND let us stalk back and I'm in.
          Last edited by eris; January 6, 2007, 15:34.
          "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

We don't use MILES any more. With the real world threat being urban combat, it's paintball time.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
              We don't use MILES any more. With the real world threat being urban combat, it's paintball time.
              We used MILES in South Carolina last spring. Then again, we were on the reservist portion of the base and I doubt they give the good stuff to the Navy guys.
              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post

It was MILES back when I was in, but maybe that dates me, who knows. And it was still urban assault then anyway.
                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
                X