Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for the Lockpicking Village (copied from LP Contest subforum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestions for the Lockpicking Village (copied from LP Contest subforum)

Originally posted by Doc-LPCON View Post
    Any volunteers to talk?... volunteers to help ... volunteers to bring locks and boards to add to the points competition
    you can always count on the TOOOL folks to donate any and all free time/knowledge/hardware that we have to spare up in the LPvillage towards the LPCON competition.

i'd be happy to put together a series of 5-minute quick lessons -- either stand-up speed demos or just instructional videos that elaborate the details of a specific bypass/technique/etc... these would make pretty decent time fillers in between rounds as you're setting folks up, clearing the stage, etc.

plenty of extra locks will always be present... along with extra beer.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Hey Doc,

Here's what I've got on the above:

1. Rules last year were pretty good. I would have been nice to know going into it which way opened the lock, as this was an advantage for second heat and later, but us poor saps in the first heat went in blind. But that's a small point.
      2. Heh.. here's a big surprise... More space! :)
      3. skip
      4. We've got people available to talk on a wide range of topics, so keep me posted if you've got requests for talks and need people to fill spots.
      5. I would be happy to give "intro to lock picking" talks/workshops once again, and would throw my hat in to talk on a range of topics if there is need and no one to fill.
      6. We'll have several guys from Locksport International there, so just say the word and I'm sure we can jump in with whatever needs doing.
      7. I will be bringing a pretty large number of cylinders, but no lockboards. Actually, one of the things I found last year was that the lock boards mostly impeded people's ability to actually get near a lock to pick. It was difficult to have more than one person at any given lockboard. So, I figured allowing people to just grab locks out of a bin and pick them in hands would at least allow more people to have access to locks to pick. I'll have as many locks as luggage space/weight will permit, or may choose to ship a big box of lock to the hotel before the con (shipping cost permitting).
      8. Not sure what just yet, but I'm sure L.I can kick in something for prizes. I'll have to keep you posted on that as we work out the details.

Cheers!

db

Comment

TOOOL Boston had a meeting on sunday night and have agreed between us to bring anything and everything we can to this event in terms of tools and ideas. I certainly hope that things are still humming on this end, and if there is anything specific that we can help with in the immediate, please let us know, otherwise we'll start pitching our ideas in the very near future.

Comment

we would, of course, be happy to have any additional hands, gear, etc. show up at the con. shoot me a PM to coordinate things further if you like.
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many teams from the mystery challenge run to the LP village to 'hire' help ... ;)

LosT

Comment

LosT, Is that your way of telling us the mystery challenge is to have more difficult locks to pick than last time? ;)

Comment

Hrmmm, and who's to say we won't be giving help since we 'might':: wink wink :: be in the contest and creating subterfuge among those that come for help. :: cough ::
                Last edited by EricM; May 22nd, 2007, 15:07. Reason: mistyped, horrendous grammar

Comment

I am about to post up under the Lockpicking contest threat what the rules are for the 3, yes thats right, 3 LockPick related contests.

So if you are only checking the this thread, be sure to check the other.

Thanks and see you in two weeks.

Doc

Comment

Working...
                  X