Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my trip

Hey guys,

Whats up. I've been following a couple discussions in the past and I enjoy what you guys have to say. My roommate and myself plan on making a trip to Vegas in 2 weeks. Any suggestions or things i can do to get in some trouble? Any "MUST SEE"'s?

Re: my trip

Originally posted by r3coiL View Post
    Hey guys,

Whats up. I've been following a couple discussions in the past and I enjoy what you guys have to say. My roommate and myself plan on making a trip to Vegas in 2 weeks. Any suggestions or things i can do to get in some trouble? Any "MUST SEE"'s?
    Asking a question like that on the DEFCON forums is a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMASMS View Post
      Asking a question like that on the DEFCON forums is a good start...
      I wasn't away than an "off topic" forum had to have a specific topic...

My apologies

Comment

I wasn't away than an "off topic" forum had to have a specific topic...

My apologies
        I think the comment was about the "get into trouble" portion of the question.

I dismissed it upon review as a metaphor for, "have fun," since I had no other indication you were asking people about what laws to break. (I've heard this phrase, "get into trouble," used to mean, "go out and have fun," and not necessarily mean, "break the law.")

This discussion may be more appropriate in the "/dev/random" forum, which is for social discussions, but I was giving it a chance to become community related before moving it.

(I'm still in the "wait and see" state with this thread.)

As for things to do in Las Vegas, we've had other discussion threads about what is available. You can search for them. (Sometimes,people bring Sig-O with them to Defcon, but they want nothing to do with the con. In these cases, they are interested in shows, exhibits, and other things available in Las Vegas. So, it is a topic be have had before, and could still work in community talk.)

Comment

great, ill see what I can find. And in the future I will post these types of threads in the right place.

as far as "getting into trouble" you were correct in assuming "having some fun" Im sorry if i created any confusion =)

Comment

if you're on the road to vegas you can't go wrong with two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. you should also consider arming youselves... to the teeth.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
              I think the comment was about the "get into trouble" portion of the question.
              True that.

...and I am still tempted to post the GTFG image for this thread...

Comment

Deviant Ollam he didn't mean literally get in trouble.
                There is nothing more dangerous than people with a little knowledge. Which means society is mostly safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                  if you're on the road to vegas you can't go wrong with two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. you should also consider arming youselves... to the teeth.
                  one of the coolest movies of all time

I realise google may be a good source for information, but it doesnt provide good opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Rance View Post
                    Deviant Ollam he didn't mean literally get in trouble.
                    The one who laughs last didn't get it.
                    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus View Post
                      The one who laughs last didn't get it.
                      Hey! You are back!

/me has skill in stating the obvious.

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that i didn't get it till I was driving down the road this morning listening to the radio and one of those things that the DJ does kind of like playing a bunch of clips from family guy and crap like that played that and then I realised I was a true idiot. But then I don't watch alot of movies actually if counted the number of movies I've watch and remembered I wouldn't get out of the teens. So I retract the previous post because it makes me sound like an idiot, And I plan on expanding my movie collection past 0 in the next month.
                        There is nothing more dangerous than people with a little knowledge. Which means society is mostly safe.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                          Hey! You are back!

/me has skill in stating the obvious.
                          Psht... I was never gone. There just wasn't anything worth commenting on.
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Rance View Post
                            Yeah, sorry about that i didn't get it till I was driving down the road this morning listening to the radio and one of those things that the DJ does kind of like playing a bunch of clips from family guy and crap like that played that and then I realised I was a true idiot. But then I don't watch alot of movies actually if counted the number of movies I've watch and remembered I wouldn't get out of the teens. So I retract the previous post because it makes me sound like an idiot, And I plan on expanding my movie collection past 0 in the next month.
                            Please do not retract your previous post...every village needs an idiot.

Just kidding...don't get your panties in a wad...

I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

one of the coolest movies of all time
                              I would recommend reading the book too!! ("Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" - Hunter S. Thompson, for those who are a bit confused about the sizable list of drugs)
                              §

Comment

Working...
                              X