oh, sweet fucking hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, sweet fucking hell

too tired at the moment to respond properly to this article. (i get to fly home, from .no via .de leaving at like 4 AM or something, cut me some slack.)

for god's sake... why do people equate "cyber attacks" with actual, physical incursions?!? there aren't hordes of hostiles advancing on a position when a "cyber attack" is carried out. there's some guy sending packets through various nodes that makes him hard to trace to begin with.

but nevermind all that, the DoD is totall prepared to drop bombs on the house of some idiot with a compromised computer, according to this fucktard article.

If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed at undermining the nation’s critical information infrastructure, the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of the president, to launch a cyber counterattack or an actual bombing of an attack source.

The primary group responsible for analyzing the need for any cyber counterstrike is the National Cyber Response Coordination Group (NCRCG). The three key members of the NCRCG, who hail from the US-CERT computer-readiness team, the Department of Justice and the Defense Department, this week described how they would seek to coordinate a national response in the event of a major cyber-event from a known attacker.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: oh, sweet fucking hell

And when they find that the 'source' was actually a tor node, 'oops' doesn't quite cut it
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I was just about to say. Dropping a MOAB on Ma and Pa Kettle's zombied windows PC would end up being a MOAFU

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        I was just about to say. Dropping a MOAB on Ma and Pa Kettle's zombied windows PC would end up being a MOAFU
        I'm sad to admit it took me a few minutes to realize what those acronyms meant...

/me runs off shamed.

Anyways....I'm not going to drop as many F-bombs on the subject, but I agree with deviant, like usual.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Bombing botnet nodes would be a big mistake. Sidewalks would be demolished by all the picketers afterwards(LOL. Then AT&T would show them shiny objects, and send them home till the next problem without a living owner surfaced.)

That article really proves some "conspiracy's." The main traffic relays of the internet are at the physical fingertips of big brother. AT&T/NSA/Google/Bellsouth/Sprint/YouTube/etc..

I bet every company AT&T, and Google have purchased in the past year have some black boxed sector of there database back end now. The original IT people at those companys look at it like the abandoned dark office in the corner of one of the upper floors of the building.

Comment

this attack was carried out approximately from Korea for the lenth of 12 hours.
            Is it correct ?

PGP Key ID:0x6113CBE6
            PGP Fingerprint:92AE C7A5 26B6 DD99 5688 84AD 5524 D919 6113 CBE6

Comment

Originally posted by tr1gger65RUS View Post
              this attack was carried out approximately from Korea for the lenth of 12 hours.
              Is it correct ?
              i do not know for sure. are you certain you're not thinking of a Zerg Rush?
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                i do not know for sure. are you certain you're not thinking of a Zerg Rush?
                ) i think we're mean the same things.
                this information is can be found freely in .ru-net zone.

PGP Key ID:0x6113CBE6
                PGP Fingerprint:92AE C7A5 26B6 DD99 5688 84AD 5524 D919 6113 CBE6

Comment

Instead of dropping bomb, wouldn't it be more economical to just drop service to Ma and Pa Kettle's house?

Comment

Maybe the .gov can get a root password to all Cisco equipment and shut stuff down as needed. Of course they would only use it for good and niceness.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                      Maybe the .gov can get a root password to all Cisco equipment and shut stuff down as needed. Of course they would only use it for good and niceness.
                      in a sense, they already have this capability... the government has the power to shut off electricity and other services to facilities during times of emergency (think: cutting power to a building during a hostage situation) and could easily convince or compel backbone links to either knock a router offline or to filter traffic based on some specific patterns.
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Oh now a UPS will be a terrorist weapon! Oh no!

Comment

you mean it wasn't before :0

Comment

Working...
                          X