Interesting con scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting con scheduling

So it appears the International Association of Chiefs of Police is having their
    Thirteenth Annual Training Conference on Drugs, Alcohol and Impaired Driving Training will be held at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    the week before Defcon ( July 31-August 2, 2007 ) at the Riviera. Sounds like very interesting timing!

http://www.theiacp.org/div_sec_com/sections/DRE.htm

http://www.theiacp.org/div_sec_com/s...REBrochure.pdf

Tentative Agenda:
    �� Inside the Mind of a Marijuana User
    �� National DWI Paperwork Reduction System
    �� Partnering with Prosecutors
    �� Ignition Interlock Devices
    �� Sleep Deprivation Effects on Driving and SFSTs
    �� Methamphetamine Dopamine Blues
    �� Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs
    �� Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutors
    �� DRE and Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
    �� HGN Study Update
    �� DRE Case Preparation for the Toxicologist
    �� NHTSA Updates
    �� Working with Difficult DRE Cases
    �� Hallucinogens
    �� Dextromethorphan (DXM)
    Last edited by Tacitus; February 14, 2007, 10:52. Reason: added agenda from brochure

Re: Interesting con scheduling

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
    Inside the Mind of a Marijuana User
    hah! anyone else have visions of this guy...

... from the vegas prosecutors' conference when they read that line?
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Holy crap. As I was reading this aloud to Evil, before I scrolled down, the first thing she said was '*try* and step inside the mind of the reefer addict'.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
        Holy crap. As I was reading this aloud to Evil, before I scrolled down, the first thing she said was '*try* and step inside the mind of the reefer addict'.
        His pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim.

He will stagger and babble when questioned. He will not respect your badge. The Dope Fiend fears nothing. He will attack, for no reason, with every weapon at his command... including yours...
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

A stitch in time..on him, could save nine...on you..

Ya, we all watch too many movies

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

International Association of the Chiefs of Police, with the headlining event being "Inside the Mind of a Marijuana User", happening at the Riviera right before DEFCON made me think the whole web site was some elaborate prank.

If so, someone has way too much free time...
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
              hah! anyone else have visions of this guy...

... from the vegas prosecutors' conference when they read that line?
              Before I even scrolled down, I thought the same thing.

How much to order a gross case of hats and cigarette holders and occupying the entire back row?

/me looks around for HST's ghost hand in setting this up

And I thought sneaking into Blackhat would be fun
              Last edited by renderman; February 14, 2007, 22:09.
              Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                Before I even scrolled down, I thought the same thing.

How much to order a gross case of hats and cigarette holders and occupying the entire back row?

/me looks around for HST's ghost hand in setting this up

And I thought sneaking into Blackhat would be fun
                I would be happy to sit with you and keep you company, however, I will be busy at Blackhat... :-( Bummer... If you do it, (which you should) PLEASE get pictures. I think there are some bulk party supplies stores online that should have cigarette holders, I'm pretty sure I saw those.

Don't even TRY to sneak past me, either. :-P
                Last edited by Nikita; February 15, 2007, 11:44.
                "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                  I would be happy to sit with you and keep you company, however, I will busy at Blackhat... :-( Bummer... If you do it, (which you should) PLEASE get pictures. I think there are some bulk party supplies stores online that should have cigarette holders, I'm pretty sure I saw those.

Don't even TRY to sneak past me, either. :-P
                  The pictures are what would make it worth it, much like the pictures of me at Blackhat without a badge :)

I have no idea my schedule yet or even if I'll be in town for it, but I think I found a good reason to add a day to the trip...
                  Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

See if we can get a discount for signing up for both venues.

Comment

http://www.rivierahotel.com/resnet/roomres.asp?ID=19

$89??? those bastards!

if anyone has their schedule of events for thursday let us know...i think
                      we do have hats left over from last year.... cigarette holders should be
                      easy to get... ;)

[QUOTE=Tacitus;85093]So it appears the International Association of Chiefs of Police is having their

the week before Defcon ( July 31-August 2, 2007 ) at the Riviera. Sounds like very interesting timing!
                      take a long walk backward....into the now.

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                        International Association of the Chiefs of Police, with the headlining event being "Inside the Mind of a Marijuana User", happening at the Riviera right before DEFCON made me think the whole web site was some elaborate prank.

If so, someone has way too much free time...
                        for fuck sake, i have to make it then. sounds like a bundle of fun. i wonder how many people will be dressed as hunter.
                        If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowvex View Post
                          Not fair!! DT ought to re-negotiate the room rates. Why would an "Impaired Driving" conference get cheaper rates than a "Security" conference?

Also, I wonder if the following will be attending the Police Chiefs' Impaired Driving Conference:
                          • Donnie Gould
                          • Jeffrey Sprauer
                          • And especially...
                            Laurie Primeau (I love the quote in there: "I asked her, 'Where are your pants?' and I think she answered, 'I don't know,'" Deputy David Alvarado told Plantation investigators. "Kinda shocked me."

jcec

Comment

The con scheduling opposite Shmoocon was just not up to par this year. Almost nothing could beat last year: MLMers disguised as a religion.

"Fake it til you make it!"
                            "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                              The con scheduling opposite Shmoocon was just not up to par this year. Almost nothing could beat last year: MLMers disguised as a religion.

"Fake it til you make it!"
                              I think the best part about that was Meeee's social engineering her way into the one of MLM events and then talking 5-6 people out of signing up.

-mouse
                              One Voter really can make a difference. Ask me how!

Comment

Working...
                              X