theSummit, Defcon 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theSummit, Defcon 2007

Vegas 2.0 will host theSummit Fundraiser again this year.

We will be adding a new group, The Hacker Foundation, to be a benifactor along side EFF this year.

Also, live band will be added to roster. More to follow in March!
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Re: theSummit, Defcon 2007

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
    We will be adding a new group, The Hacker Foundation, to be a benifactor along side EFF this year.
    That's really cool imo. AgentX was mentioning some pretty cool stuff about the Hacker Foundation last year, but it sounds like EFF gets primary support from the community by de facto. Absolutely nothing against EFF .. but I think the Hacker Foundation is worthy as well.
    Last edited by converge; February 24, 2007, 19:12.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
      That's really cool imo. AgentX was mentioning some pretty cool stuff about the Hacker Foundation last year, but it sounds like EFF gets primary support from the community by de facto. Absolutely nothing against EFF .. but I think the Hacker Foundation is worthy as well.
      Yes, After seeing the great progress over last two years, we wanted to get them as much exposure as possible!
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

We have been making progress and with the support of Hackajar & Vegas 2.0 we look forward to making some more. Thanks converge for the support.
        AMFYOYO

Comment

My opinion as well.. good to see the Hacker Foundation will be part of the Summit this year. I split the Toxic BBQ proceeds last year like 60/40 I think between the EFF and Hacker Foundation.

Im definitely going to print more this year.. I ran out fast last year..

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
            My opinion as well.. good to see the Hacker Foundation will be part of the Summit this year. I split the Toxic BBQ proceeds last year like 60/40 I think between the EFF and Hacker Foundation.

Im definitely going to print more this year.. I ran out fast last year..
            You may want to consider a signup thread in the TBBQ section (like last year) so you can get an idea how many to make.

You can try talking with the Leaders/Organizer for that event to see if they wouldn't mind making it a sticky, and to make things easy for yourself, mention in the top post that the thread is only for signup, not discussion of the tee shirts. (Make another thread for discussion.)

This makes it really easy to count the number to make, and who is requesting a tee. It may also be possible to arrange for you to use that harvesting tool to get contact information for each user that posts a message in that thread and only that thread-- much like I offer to the HJ crew in their signup thread, and one other.

Feel free to PM me or reply in public. I'm really busy right now, so a response may be delayed a few days.

HTH.

Comment

Working...
            X