April Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Meeting

Howdy folks. This is the general announcement for the April DC206 meeting. We did have a March meeting, but it was pretty 'spur of the moment' and didn't get publicized much beyond the DC206 mailing list.

However we are announcing the April meeting now so everyone who wants to be there can attend.

What: DC206, suckah
    Where: Capitol Hill Branch, Seattle Public Library
    When: Sunday April 15th, 1430 - 1630
    Topic: Disaster Preparedness
    Presenter: Noid

Overview
    We've had a wild winter up here. Floods, blackouts, and even windstorms. So, how prepared were you? How prepared are you for the next one? This months presentation will be delivered by Noid, who in addition to running the website for the DC206 group, is also a first responder for King County Search and Rescue. While this talk isnt 'hacking' or even tech oriented, it will cover everything a geek should know about being prepared for the worst.

After the presentation, we can have a small Q&A session. I don't really have any projects for the group, so I will open up the rest of the meeting to discussions about future meeting topics. From there, we can do what we usually do: Go get food!

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Re: April Meeting

Originally posted by noid View Post
    Topic: Disaster Preparedness
    Presenter: Noid
    those two little points are enough to peak my interest, and i suspect the interest of others here. any chance someone could run a small recording of the presentation/discussion/meeting (either just audio or full video is possible) and make it available to the rest of us? would make for a good forum thread perhaps. even if recording isn't possible (or desired by meeting participants) a thread started with the main pointers and notes followed by forum discussion would be a great thing in my mind.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

If nothing else, I will put my slide deck up on the dc206 site

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Reminder: Theres two things you can count on in life, DC206 and taxes. Lucky for you, they both happen April 15th. Come down, enjoy the presentation.

Don't make us send people over to your house.

Comment

Working...
        X