Campout Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campout Reminder

Just a reminder. We are doing another DC206/503 camp out this year. While the camp out is between our two groups, any other DCG folks are welcome to attend if you feel so inclined! We will be camping at the Lewis and Clark state park, just south and east of Chehalis, WA. We have our own private camp site (which costs us per night, so bring some spare change). In addition to hanging out and enjoying each other's company, we will also be doing some 'hip pocket training' on wilderness related things such as safety, survival, and land navigation.

Also, Meee is apparently setting up an Iron Chef style cook-off for us BBQ enthusiasts. This should be very entertaining. If you have been to one of the camp outs before, you know that theres more than a few of us who know how to cook outdoors and that the food is always one of the high points of the trip. Now that there's a competition involved we all have to bring our 'A' game, so the food will probably be even better than its been in the past.

To throw the gauntlet down, Evil and I look forward to taking everyone to school on this one. Someone will have to tell us what 'second place' tastes like :)

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Re: Campout Reminder

Originally posted by noid View Post
    We have our own private camp site (which costs us per night, so bring some spare change).
    Park charges a few bucks a head per night, with nightly counts.. so actual cost depends on how many nights folks want to stay. For folks further than WA/OR I can only guess that would be more than less nights .. but it is what it is.

Originally posted by noid:85638
    To throw the gauntlet down, Evil and I look forward to taking everyone to school on this one. Someone will have to tell us what 'second place' tastes like :)
    I've been known to come up with interesting concoctions on limited resources. It's on!

This year is posed to be the hippest shindig thusfar. Another cool thing about the group site is that (should it rain, unlike prior years of beautiful weather) there is covered ground that we can arrange to keep things enjoyable. Hell.. a few tarps and poles and we could build our own seaciety.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I just had a confirmation on the secret ingredient . Its going to be a blast this year.
      <insert evil laughter>

Comment

The camp out is rapidly approaching. This year's event should be pretty damned good.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Here's some information about the campsite

Here's the link to the park's webpage

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...;20%26%20Clark

Comment

Cooking Competition - Campout Reminder

We will be following similar Iron Chef Japan rules.

1. I will be providing you a list of 10 possible secret ingredients. Please note up to two of these items may be in the final decision.

2. At the time of the event the ingredient(s) are revealed. You have 1 hour to go get what you need. You can pre-configure your cooking area prior to this event. But not pre-prep the other ingredients you are going to use. You are also welcome to bring whatever you need before this event.

3. In the 1 hour you have to go get what else you need, you can purchase more of the secret ingredient.

4. Once you return, you will have 1 hour to cook.

5. 1 small plate shall be set aside for presentation of the product. You can cook different variations of the secret ingredient your team can create within the 1 hour time limit. Each dish will have a separate presentation dish. You can cook up to 3 dishes.

6. Food will be served ala-buffet style or whatever is suited best for this ingredient.

7. Judging will be done by individuals at the camp out. Attendees not wanting to taste the chef's creations are welcomed to eat whatever provisions are available.

8. Scoring sheets will be provided to attendees. It will based of a 10 point scale on taste, presentation, originality, best incorporation of the secret ingredient(s). Each dish gets 1 sheet. Total averages are taken from total amounts of all the sheets per team.

9. Chef's or members of the cooking teams are not eligible to vote.

10. The rules set aside by the chief of ceremonies are subject to interpretation by them and their legal advisor's.

------------------------------------------------------
            I will be sending the final 10 list of possible ingredients tonight. Please send me an e-mail at that time if you would like to participate.

Your team name:
            Participants (limit 3)

*As a participant you are advised that we are not responsible for any accidents during this event. For example (but not limited to)
            Cuts
            Burns
            Car Crashes
            Dropped food
            Food Poisoning
            irritable bowel syndrome
            reverse parastolisis
            acts of god

------------------------------
            If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Comment

Campout Cookoff - Secret Ingredients

Tofu - Silken and Solid
              Ground Pork
              Leeks / Onions
              Ground Beef
              Garlic
              Ground Turkey
              Steak
              Ground Buffalo
              Kangaroo meat
              Strawberry's

The contest is now open for sign ups.

The event will occur 6/16 @ 1500 HRS PST Sharp.
              If you arrive late, you will have until 1700 HRS to finish all your dishes. No exceptions.

If for work reasons I am not able to make it, a proxy will be there on my behalf to see that this event will occur.

Winner will receive a prize and an award (small trophy + bragging rights until next year).

So far the teams are
              Converge and mfreeck
              Johnm and jiji

Registration is set to close 6/14/2007 23:59 HRS PST

Good luck

Comment

Re: Campout Cookoff - Secret Ingredients

Excellent! Second place is within our grasp... /me taps fingers

Comment

Tofu and ground pork - now I'm going to have to go get myself an order of mabu dofu.
                  (assume no penalty for using some of the other ingredients) - oh wait, I will not be there.
                  DaKahuna

Comment

Logistics withstanding.. this is a reminder that the campout is open to ANYONE including those outside of 206/503. Get yer ass up to lower WA asap .. it's gonna be a great time.

Comment

I'm already semi-erect with anticipation. Also, currently, I'm in ur portland. drinking ur beerz.

Comment

erm.. ya, trade yah. we're up in seattle .. in yer city .. erm.. catching your rain? go figure.

Comment

Just checked the weather forecast for the region. Looks to be pretty good. 30&#37; chance of rain Thursday and Friday with highs in the upper 60s. 10% chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday with highs in the low 70s.

Comment

Ok. Where is my update? It is sunday! I demand the results of the campout cookoff!

Ok, well maybe demand is too strong of a word.

How about request instead?

Also, how was the campout?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                              Ok. Where is my update?
                              eBay.. you could have gotten your own if you showed up.

It is sunday! I demand the results of the campout cookoff!
                              It tasted great and had twice the fat content of any other cookoff.

How about request instead?
                              No.

Also, how was the campout?
                              YES!

Comment

Working...
                              X