Queercon web forum down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queercon web forum down

Because we lack the ninja prowess of the Defcon forum moderators, the forum on queercon.org became overrun with spam and has had its plug pulled.

Conversations about the gay-friendly Defcon event should migrate here!
    yah

Re: Queercon web forum down

I would imagine that we could impart with some wisdom.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Re: Queercon web forum down

Originally posted by euro12 View Post
      Because we lack the ninja prowess of the Defcon forum moderators, the forum on queercon.org became overrun with spam and has had its plug pulled.
      Spam is a tough problem to *try* to defeat. We have not defeated it, but we seem to be "holding our own" with our present techniques.

We are down to about 1.2 spam messages per month.

I've plans for the NextGen for forum--specific anti-spam using a more active system that uses a combination of heuristics and patterns to estimate likely spam messages, and isolate them for us. (We know there are weaknesses with our present technique, and it is only a matter of time before the spammers take the time to defeat them.) This is at least a few months away.

There is no victory, only an on-going battle that never ends.

Conversations about the gay-friendly Defcon event should migrate here!
      You can use this link:

https://forum.defcon.org/forumdisplay.php?f=301

to link directly to this-year's Defcon Subforum for QueerCon at Defcon.

The "ForumID" (301) would change next year if QC is held again, since we archive each year's contest or event subforum, but will work to reference the future archive of DC15's QC.

We know there can be a heavy cost to running forums. This is one of the reasons we have started offering subforums for DCG, and contests and events.

Comment

Working...
      X