ToxicBBQ event - "Guess the Flesh"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToxicBBQ event - "Guess the Flesh"

In an effort to provide BBQ attendees with maximum gustatory delight and expanded horizons, i will again be showing up with an assortment of meats that you don't tend to find in your local grocery store. while many folks may have had something like venison or wild turkey, particularly if you or some relative owns a large plot of acreage somewhere, i think that fewer people are likely to have tried things like yak, elk, reindeer, bear, alligator, etc.

in the past, these meats have usually just been tossed on a grill and plated for public consumption, with meats being given out on a first-come, first-serve basis as people tossed a few bucks at me to cover costs.

this year, i will again be arriving in Sunset Park with enough exotic meat to give any militant vegan onlookers a psychotic breakdown... but instead of just cooking and randomly giving out samples willy-nilly, i have something new planned. i intend to prepare bite-size morsels of these meats and plate them in a way that they are not immediately identifiable or distinguishable from one another. those who are eager to try some new flavors -- and those who think their pallets are up to the challenge -- can take a whack at identifying these various animals by taste and texture alone.

if this is the sort of thing that you'd be hip to, get in on the discussion here. participation in this event may involve something of a small fee, in order for me to cover the costs of meat and shipping. i hope that will not prohibit folks from getting in on this, however. as we begin to get a feel for how many people would like to be a part of this (figure you'll get to sample bites of anywhere from 6 to 8 creatures) i'll be able to get a more solid number together. i would suspect that you wouldn't be out more than $20 to $30 maximum, possibly less if the supplier gives me some sort of a discount since it will be a large order and they will be given public recognition and praise.

who'd be interested in this?
    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; April 17, 2007, 13:12.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: ToxicBBQ event - "Guess the Flesh"

Defcon Mystery meat challenge: If you have to ask, you don't want to know
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

You can count this meat eater in.
      jur1st, esq.

Comment

I would be game, to eat game.

Comment

those who have replied in the affirmative thus far would still be interested even if it meant paying something like $20 toward the project? (as i say, that estimate may be revised as numbers shake out and fall into place later on)
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
          X