Arena Updated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Updated!

We've started building the new arena for this year's robot contest. The details about the arena and the build photos are here:

http://defconbots.org/defcon15/arena.php

So now that it's (almost) done, teams are invited to come practice on the actual arena if you want to get yourself to Orange County, CA :)

If anyone has questions or if you need more detailed photos, please let me know!

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Re: Arena Updated!

Thanks Kallahar.

The custom hinges are a nice touch. How did you cut those?

I have a request for information:

Will there be non-circular targets? (the web page says maybe)
    Will there be moving targets? If so, what kind of motion?

The arena looks great, thanks for your hard work in putting this event together for another year. Now that my teammates and I have graduated from school, some of us have found lives (and wives in some cases) and have real jobs now. Therefore we are finding it nearly impossible to find time to work on our bot. We are mainly trying to make it much easier and faster to set up so that we can actually attend a talk or two at the Con this year :).

Thanks again and keep us posted on the arena progress.

-wsbpress

Comment

Can you give more detail on how the targets are attached to the frame?

I read that the targets are "attached to the wood using a 1" wide hinge mounted to the back of the board", but I don't have a clear picture of how that works so that the targets are stable when standing but fall over easily when hit.

The contest looks great. I'm hoping to participate.

Carbon Ring

Comment

I had those brackets cut on a laser cutting machine by a local shop. Much more expensive than just using brackets from the store though.

The hinges are aligned so that the direction they stop at (about 70 degrees off) holds the target at a good angle to get shot. I'll get some better shots tonight when I mount some of them for testing. I also built the backdrop, but haven't gotten the big black sheet yet.

Kallahar
        --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Working...
        X