heh... ToxicBBQ indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heh... ToxicBBQ indeed

don't know how reliable the science is behind this, and it's not like i'd really give a damn either way, but i found the headline to be humorous and relevant enough to mention here. maybe we should invite some of the medical researchers to drop on by.

Toxic products found in blood of BBQ lovers
    As barbecue season gets underway, a new study suggests a class of toxic chemicals released by grilling, broiling, and frying meat may increase the risk for life-threatening diseases.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: heh... ToxicBBQ indeed

For people who enjoy their steaks marinated, there is some evidence that adding acidic liquids such as lemon or vinegar might help to counteract some of the AGEs, Vlassara said.
    Maybe we should test their theory out. Who's going to bring the chem set?
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
      Maybe we should test their theory out. Who's going to bring the chem set?
      Do we REALLY want to know what is lurking in half of the attendee's bloodstreams?
      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Great, a report full of 'pre-existing condition' flags for me.

So how would this work? Submissions of underwear for semen, stool, and urine samples?
        If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

There was a study a while back that had shown small quantities of a cancer causing chemical are produced when potatoes, nuts ect.. are fried.

Don't you know by now, nothing is good for you.. not even water.. like Lewis Black said, "We buy bottles of water from Pepsi and Coke, because when I think fresh clean water, I think Pepsi and Coke!"

I found out Everest bottled water & some others come from the Corpus Christi, Texas municipal water supply, I live in south Texas and can tell you the water down there is crap. Its desalinized water (ocean water with the salt content removed).

I say we cook the meat using no fire, chemicals only.. nuclear radiation, peroxides, acids, should make sum good eat'n.
          How about solar cooked food? plenty sun in Vegas..

Comment

There's always been this thing that charcoal and burnt food causes cancer. Everything causes cancer, we've gone from hating mobile phone masts because they might cause cancer to hating wifi hot spots because they might cause cancer.

Pure crazyness!

Comment

That which does not kill me, makes me more of a red blooded carnivorous American.
              jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by jur1st View Post
                That which does not kill me, makes me more of a red blooded carnivorous American.
                Clearly the other lawyers haven't taught you the "secret handshake" yet.
                "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by '[Syntax
                  I say we cook the meat using no fire, chemicals only.. nuclear radiation, peroxides, acids, should make sum good eat'n.
                  Anyone know a nuclear medicine technologist, chemist, or the like?

How about solar cooked food? plenty sun in Vegas..
                  This site sells solar cookers, however I'm apt to say that we could build a better, cheaper one ourselves. So, who wants to give it a shot?
                  "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by jur1st View Post
                    Just don't get PO-210 in your Sushi!

Comment

Originally posted by '[Syntax
                      The hell with cooking. Have you never heard of steak tartar?
                      There is also an outstanding Philippino dish whose name I can not remember that uses beef and onions and it is cooked by adding lemon juice.
                      DaKahuna

Comment

FYI, yeah I was reading about cellular phone radiation and discovered that the Treo phones are the highest of all phones ranked for radiation (SAR).

The Treo 650 scored 1.51 watts. (since removed because the 700 is out)
                        along with the Blackberry 8300 at 1.51, Motorola Sliver L2 & L6 at 1.54w & 1.58w & the top of the list.

Motorola V195s at 1.6watts (maximum radiation output).

FCC limitation is 1.6 watts per kilogram.

Made me think twice about how much I use it.. if I dont use the headset I fry my brain, if I use a bluetooth, I fry my crotch region..

Bluetooth it is.. who wants kids anyways?

Comment

Working...
                        X