Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

public Riv webpage: "SoldOut" Aug2-4 (Thr-Sat night). Defcon Res.Page: room available

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public Riv webpage: "SoldOut" Aug2-4 (Thr-Sat night). Defcon Res.Page: room available

The public reservations page shows no rooms available over DC weekend:
    https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...+UP(A2560):;;?

This does not mean there are no rooms available for Defcon.

If you visit the Defcon rates and reservation page, you should see no mention of Sold-Out:
    https://safe.rivierahotel.com/cgi-bi...60):;DEFCON7;?

If you call or try to book online and are told there are no more rooms available, could you please post and let us know when?

We may need to roll out Rides and Room Sharing in May this year.

Re: public Riv webpage: "SoldOut" Aug2-4 (Thr-Sat night). Defcon Res.Page: room avail

Just booked mine in the con block with no problems. Thanks for the heads up
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Re: public Riv webpage: "SoldOut" Aug2-4 (Thr-Sat night). Defcon Res.Page: room avail

glad i booked back in january

Comment

Why are we at this dump again? I thought the point of moving was to have more space? Seems like the Riv is booked up faster than the Alexsis.
        "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more verbose.

The *public* list of available times for reservations says it is full, but the reservations for DEFCON does not show it is full.

As I understand it, many rooms are pre-allocated for Defcon. This means, that when you call, you will probably still be able to get a room now if you say you are with Defcon.

The point I was making was that since the *public* reservation page for Defcon weekend appears to be full, it may not be much longer (month or so?) before the Defcon allocation of rooms is also filled up.

Hope this helps. :-)

Comment

I just made my reservation as well.. No problems, I asked them if the rooms were scatterred as they were last year, or if the convention was going to be put into a specific portion or tower of the hotel. Their reply was "rooms are filled based on when you check in, but you can make a request as to what tower you want"

So I guess thats a no... I already see the penthouse floor being a problem again this year.

Comment

Working...
            X