• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighWiz
    replied
    Re: Yes....and?

Originally posted by converge View Post
    Yes.. and the cool people will know which table is the cool table.

It's pretty much a means of flagging a geo for people to head to so that they can assume people in the area are Forums folks .. considering the attendence of the BBQ .. finding Forum members in the crowd is becoming much more difficult.

Forum Members hat voted for having this at the BBQ: be thinking of a good way to flag off an area.
    Everyone else: be thinking of this nugget that came up in IRC .. how difficult/costly would it be to purchase 300-400 water pistols?
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/appli...x=12&sku=5/885
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp &event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=5/885

http://www.orientaltrading.com/appli...=12&sku=39/834
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=searchMain.jsp &event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=39/834

Leave a comment:

• LosT
    replied

How about we just beat on anyone who wanders into our circle of pain? :)

Two forum meets for the price of one- what a bargain...

LosT

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Hmmm.. I wonder if the table is the "Cool Kids" table or the "Losers" table?
    Yes.. and the cool people will know which table is the cool table.

It's pretty much a means of flagging a geo for people to head to so that they can assume people in the area are Forums folks .. considering the attendence of the BBQ .. finding Forum members in the crowd is becoming much more difficult.

Forum Members hat voted for having this at the BBQ: be thinking of a good way to flag off an area.
    Everyone else: be thinking of this nugget that came up in IRC .. how difficult/costly would it be to purchase 300-400 water pistols?

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by converge View Post
    cuz you rock like that!

That's the deal folks.

Thursday 5:00pm
    We're gonna try to split out a table at the TBBQ for folks to meet/greet if desired. TBBQ starts at 3pm with some folks running for food and some folks in the park getting things started: sub-events/contests will start rolling [see also Titanium Chef! and chat with Deviant about your participation] .. the anticipated Hooch Wars also comes to mind, .. and of course much more) TBBQ goes until 10pm give or take. Keep in mind that TheSummit starts at 9pm .. so going from the BBQ to the awesome annual fun-draiser is a pretty suave move.
    Is this like Lunch in High School when you have to sit with your "group"?

Hmmm.. I wonder if the table is the "Cool Kids" table or the "Losers" table?

Leave a comment:

• Abby_Normal
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    I second that thought!!!
    Works for me! Last year by the time I made it to the forum meet everyone had gone (or maybe they hadn't shown up yet). But I was a lot more busy last year.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    however a room needed to be assigned and I was on a very short time line to see a decision reached.
    cuz you rock like that!

That's the deal folks.

Thursday 5:00pm
    We're gonna try to split out a table at the TBBQ for folks to meet/greet if desired. TBBQ starts at 3pm with some folks running for food and some folks in the park getting things started: sub-events/contests will start rolling [see also Titanium Chef! and chat with Deviant about your participation] .. the anticipated Hooch Wars also comes to mind, .. and of course much more) TBBQ goes until 10pm give or take. Keep in mind that TheSummit starts at 9pm .. so going from the BBQ to the awesome annual fun-draiser is a pretty suave move.

.. but what back on subject, the 5:00pm informal pre-Forum Meet allows you to hook up with folks at the BBQ before the event really kicks in, make plans, have good times, find pyr0 and hug him for his stylish 23 post count! .. general stuffs.

Friday 8:00pm
    This is the real shindig. Thanks to Nikita's awesome room-fu, the Official Forum Meet will be held in room 115 .. approximately until 11pm. Why this timeframe/location? Having the official Forum Meet onsite allows for the greatest concentration of forum members to meet, regardless of how early they fly/drive in; or in the case of Goons, how fucking over-busy they are running the great thing that makes us all show up to begin with. The time reflects the same goal, while avoiding too much cramp on the talks but not competing directly with the B&W, Hacker Jeopardy, or the craze of amazing parties that happen. Quite honostly its getting nearly impossible to schedule anything at Defcon without conflicting with something, so play your pawns right and hope your spare liver will not thank me in the morning.

If you don't like it, show up to the Forum Meet on Friday night and bitch me out. If you do like it, show up to the Forum Meet on Friday night and say hi.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    Do we have a room.... or crap, I can't remember who steps up for running this sort of thing....?
    Uh, Sorry about that I meant to post here when we assigned it on the schedule. The official forum meet is in room 115 from 20:00 till 23:00.

As I understand it there is also another pre-forum meet at the Toxic BBQ for those who can make it.

I am not running this, however a room needed to be assigned and I was on a very short time line to see a decision reached.

Leave a comment:

• Pyr0
    replied

I'll be there if something else doesn't pull me away!
    -Luke

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by Exist View Post
    I'm with most of you, the best environment to host the forum meet and greet is at the park with the toxic bbq. It has a laid back atmosphere. I'm driving from LA myself but i'll be sure to be in time. So as of time start no time yet right? 5pm seems like a good time to kick it off.
    The website for the Toxic BBQ say's six.

http://www.toxicbbq.com/

I suppose someone (Converge I'm look at you) is going to have to make a final call on the forum meet.

Leave a comment:

• Exist
    replied

I'm with most of you, the best environment to host the forum meet and greet is at the park with the toxic bbq. It has a laid back atmosphere. I'm driving from LA myself but i'll be sure to be in time. So as of time start no time yet right? 5pm seems like a good time to kick it off.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Originally posted by HighWiz View Post
    Well the problem there is that there are already things scheduled for Thursday night. Thus the reasoning to have it @ the toxic BBQ. But the problem with having it there is that some people can't make it... Like that loser Chris for example, he always has excuses why he can't do something.
    Yeah? He certainly can't use the excuse about there not being any beer there.

Leave a comment:

• HighWiz
    replied

Originally posted by poseidon View Post
    I have not got a room yet for Thursday, but i think its pratical to have the meet on the evening before the start date of the DC.
    Well the problem there is that there are already things scheduled for Thursday night. Thus the reasoning to have it @ the toxic BBQ. But the problem with having it there is that some people can't make it... Like that loser Chris for example, he always has excuses why he can't do something.

Leave a comment:

• poseidon
    replied

I have not got a room yet for Thursday, but i think its pratical to have the meet on the evening before the start date of the DC.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I'll offer my room.

Leave a comment:

• lowtec
    replied

I guess I need to get an avatar so people can recognize me...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X