Receipt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receipt

It's a stupid question I know. But is there anyway to get a receipt?

If I can get one I might be able to 'con' my boss into paying for the con. Training costs and all that guff.

Re: Receipt

search for 'receipt' should yield prior discussions, particularly in regards to the FAQ:

https://forum.defcon.org/showthread....ight=receipt#9
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinobi View Post
      It's a stupid question I know. But is there anyway to get a receipt?

If I can get one I might be able to 'con' my boss into paying for the con. Training costs and all that guff.
      Yes, there is.
      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

After the con we put up a reciept on the main page.
        As an Example,This was last years receipt:
        http://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-...ipt-single.pdf

It is important to note, we do not verify that an attendee was actually there, we simply can't. The volume of people we have attended makes it impossible, Doing so would make the cost rise and the lines longer, not too mention we don't want to have record of who attended. The best recommendation is to submit the receipt from online, with a copy of the program, your badge maybe, your airfare and anything else which proves you were actually in Las Vegas. Many many folks have no problems with this, especially if their boss is only slightly clueless as to the actual trouble you could get into on company dime. I would say leave your research on Pool2girl out of your report.

Edit: We hand out those same receipts at the registration desk.
        Last edited by Nikita; May 25, 2007, 12:45.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
          After the con we put up a reciept on the main page.
          As an Example,This was last years receipt:
          https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon...ipt-single.pdf

It is important to note, we do not verify that an attendee was actually there, we simply can't. The volume of people we have attended makes it impossible, Doing so would make the cost rise and the lines longer, not too mention we don't want to have record of who attended. The best recommendation is to submit the receipt from online, with a copy of the program, your badge maybe, your airfare and anything else which proves you were actually in Las Vegas. Many many folks have no problems with this, especially if their boss is only slightly clueless as to the actual trouble you could get into on company dime. I would say leave your research on Pool2girl out of your report.

Edit: We hand out those same receipts at the registration desk.
          Thanks for your replys.

I'll pass the receipt onto my boss, wether he pays me back is no problem. I just wanted an extra $100 for beer. :surprised

Comment

Working...
          X