what's the deal-e yo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the deal-e yo?

Alright, this will be my first DefCon and second post (woo!). I'd like to know what to expect for those 3 days. Is the convention 3 days, 72 hours? or is it only a few hours a day? how does it work? Also, what types of vendors are there? How does the entertainment work? Thanks in advance....

Re: what's the deal-e yo?

Originally posted by sp00nix
    Alright, this will be my first DefCon and second post (woo!). I'd like to know what to expect for those 3 days. Is the convention 3 days, 72 hours? or is it only a few hours a day? how does it work? Also, what types of vendors are there? How does the entertainment work? Thanks in advance....
    Defcon is what you make of it. As for vendors, bring a wad of cash because you will find something to buy.
    AMFYOYO

Comment

The talks typically wrap up in the early evening, with various activities following that. Then the action moves to the DJ area or parties in various rooms. The vendors have been everything from people selling obscure equipment to various groups selling t-shirts and stickers.
      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

something to buy?

I don't think I purchased anything last year. Most of it was crap. And paying 30 bucks for an openBsd disk is whacka.

Most stuff there is crap anyways... Unless you can't find old as all hell Sun Sparc systems in your parts, you are better off saving your money.

cheers,
        simon
        "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

DefCon

DefCon IS what you make of it...the activities range from Security speakers to wild-ass parties... from swmming pools to movie stars... it is what you take away from the con that makes it DefCon... I have been to many-a-con in my day and I have found that if you go in expecting something you might be lert down... BUT if you go into DefCon 10 just trying to learn a bit of info, meet a few people, have a few drinks, you WILL have a great time... as for the Highschooler that posted earlier... the youngest person I have ever personaly taken to DefCon was 14: and he had a hellova time!... so in conclusion: Just Go, Do NOT miss this con!
          you are garenteed a great time,
          Siviak
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
          X