Hooch Wars are at Toxic BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooch Wars are at Toxic BBQ

Also known as the beverage creation contest..

Unofficial contest to see who can mix up the most exotic (and legal) combination of Alcohol. Judges will be selected at the BBQ. Must be 21 or older to participate. Crowd will be provided samples, so mix accordingly.

Prizes include Liquor, trophies, bar tending manuals and whatever else.

Unfortunatly we are unable this year to bring the liquor analyzer to detect the presance of shine and other similar materials. So you are on your honor.

Also, do not place anything illegal such as dissolvable material ect into your mix. this is just for fun and should have the following qualities:

Container should be unique (IE my bugsprayer)
    Taste should be decent
    Should have a kick
    Should do the job

Extra points for color and ability to glow in the dark.

Stay tuned for additional information..

- Dallas (Have a nice day)/
    +++ Dallas +++

Re: Hooch Wars are at Toxic BBQ

This contest sounds like a real blast. i am looking forward to watching how the submissions look and seeing how they taste if i'm fortunate enough to be among the observers who can get free samples. It fits well with the defcon themes of innovation and drunkenness.

Originally posted by Mixitup View Post
    Also known as the beverage creation contest.
    one point of minor concern that i may mention, however... the contest i run is the BCCC (or "B Triple C" when spoken aloud). Calling a new event the "beverage creation contest" could make for some confusion either while speaking or mentioning it on paper. If my $0.02 count for anything, i'd suggest keeping it known simply as "Hooch Wars" ... it has a cooler ring to it and sounds like more of a fierce competition.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Extra points for color and ability to glow in the dark.
      The drink or the person mixing it?

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Unfortunatly we are unable this year to bring the liquor analyzer to detect the presance of shine and other similar materials. So you are on your honor.
        I am sure you can find an agent of the federal govt to assist you with that.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Isn't part of the fun watching people go through the process of creating the drink in the first place?
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Unofficial contest to see who can mix up the most exotic (and legal) combination of Alcohol. Judges will be selected at the BBQ. Must be 21 or older to participate. Crowd will be provided samples, so mix accordingly.
            Provided that it stays within the constraints you mentioned .. ie legal, on-guard for those underage, and within a general scope of BYO (no sales, no _mass_ dissemination, etc)

... I think this would be a rockin sub-event for the TBBQ
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

We will make sure it stays legal, over 21 is fair game.
              +++ Dallas +++

Comment

hmmm 21? in which I'll be fair game NEXT year. This doesn't mean I havent bartended, brewed, or drank before, it just makes me ineligable. LOL

I understand the prevention of drinking for minors. But around here, (WV) you can sell or brew your own beer or wine, sell alcohol, but I am unsure of bartending.
                "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art." -Kahlil Gibran

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them." -Walter Kerr

Comment

It would be awesome to see something like this show up at Hooch Wars! This is the beauty of german engineering, what about Hacker Engineering?

Comment

How much do you recommend to bring?

Are you looking for BBQ/Fiesta/Party type drinks, or will any concotion of consumable liquid do? Any points for original naming?

Comment

Why do I see this being the first year we have to haul someone off for alcohol poisoning at the TBBQ?
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

How about mad cow disease?

Comment

I can see it now: Some pale, mentally confused hacker is going to be confused for a victim of alcohol poisoning.

Originally posted by che View Post
                          Why do I see this being the first year we have to haul someone off for alcohol poisoning at the TBBQ?
                          Che, let's hope not. The last thing we need is an incident occurring at the TBBQ where medical and/or cops have to be called out to respond.
                          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

If they do, we cook them. ;)

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
                            Che, let's hope not. The last thing we need is an incident occurring at the TBBQ where medical and/or cops have to be called out to respond.
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che View Post
                              If they do, we cook them. ;)
                              And then enter them in the exotic meat contest. Nice, there's a good 2-for-1 going there...

Hmmm, might have to enter the Colorado Jackalope in this contest.
                              ======================================
                              DJ Jackalope
                              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                              ======================================

Comment

Working...
                              X