Keeping in touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping in touch

Far and away, my #1 problem with DC14 was keeping in touch with people. My previous methodology of "wander around the pools" failed, as there was no longer a central gathering area.

Last year, I was told people kept in touch with Dodgeball, but technology marches on and we have things like Twitter and Jaiku.

I don't care which service I use, but I'd like to have some way of contacting everyone interested in partaking of various Bascule-centric events in some orderly, technologically driven manner.

For example, I'll be bringing two, if not three cases of Colorado microbrews to Defcon, including some crazy beers like Avery's Mephistopheles Stout (16% ABV) and Bristol's XXX Warlock (18.4% ABV)

Last year I brought a small sampler to the Toxic BBQ, but the rest we drank ourselves. I would certainly like to invite others to partake of copious amounts of microbrews (and other things *lolz*).

So, that said, does anyone care to standardize on some sort of text message notification system for events, where others who are interested can subscribe pre-con and receive notifications as they happen?

That is, if my phone doesn't die and get burned at TBBQ...
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Re: Keeping in touch

Dodgeball seems to be the popular one .. I'm not committed to any. I'll be interested to see where this goes.. count me in.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

It would be interesting to see if a dodgeball like service could be made with a map of the riv property.

Comment

That dodgeball seems easy enough, free, and well covered in Las Vegas.
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

We're mostly all on dodgeball already. Keeping up is a simple matter of sending "switch las vegas" when you touch down.
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

All right, well I signed up for Dodgeball. Anyone interested in microbrews or other party favors add me as your friend... bascule@gmail.com
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

Comment

Just a heads-up that, no matter what you put for your cookie settings, Dodgeball doesn't appear to work with the Opera web browser.

Comment

Working...
              X