Update: Cash prizes for defenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Cash prizes for defenders

Okay, okay, so numerous people are asking...

"What's in it for me? I give you a box, and if it gets owned, I give it away to some greasy punk? This is truly teh gay."

I get it. You're not sure your defensive ninjitsu is up to par. You fear the righteous digital locksmithing skills of the DefCon intelligentsia.

Okay, then. Cash is king.

There will be a monetary prize, split among the winning unowned boxes, in addition to the mega-bitchen "Nobody 0wned me at DC15" tees already promised.

I can't go into detail yet, but there will be a large check (from a very cool anonymous donor in vendor-land), with at least three (3) zeros, potentially four (4).

Happy, now? Ready to unbox that quad-core and start tuning RSBAC stuff? Get to it, buddy, time's a-wastin'.

And make sure you bring something with an SPDIF out. My HTPC needs upgrading, and my receiver's out of Toslink ports.
    Last edited by sk00t; June 12, 2007, 21:36. Reason: Typo. Bleh.
    "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Re: Update: Cash prizes for defenders

I have no update yet on this. Sorry. I would say for now, count on the t-shirt and the learning experience as an entry, both of which I can guarantee. There will at least be a couple zeros prior to the decimal point, but beyond that I can't promise much yet.

More news as warranted. Anybody out there in vendor-land interested in a ton of free advertising? Seems to me that marketing copy like this writes itself...

Comment

Re: Update: Cash prizes for defenders

More news as warranted. Anybody out there in vendor-land interested in a ton of free advertising? Seems to me that marketing copy like this writes itself...
      Okay, I got a very gentle nudge that this is not The Way Things Are Done Around Here. I will behave, sorry.

So, revised version:

If you, as an altruistic vendor, would wish to see some of your gear / schwag / foam throwies / custom silkscreened ties go to an excellent cause to a great contest, with minor mention of you, very quietly, please jump in.

But I won't wear the sandwich board I promised Tipping Point and walk around the con handing out stickers and marketing pamphlets after all. Maybe at RSA. Sorry.

And that big Microsoft banner I promised Dan Kaminsky would wear as a toga during his talk? Scrapped. Sorry Bill.

Comment

Working...
      X