Prize Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prize Categories

So, I'm still working on how to reward defenders. Here's the prize categories I've got so far, for all you awesome people who lug boxes to con for this.

Each winner below would get a portion of the prize kitty, plus some other as-yet-unnamed schwag. I'm actually thinking even if you're owned, you may still be eligible, for going to some effort to make this worthwhile.

Least Likely to Succeed
    For the box that seemed obvious to be a sitting duck, but somehow survived.

Best Effort
    We really hope to see folks go to some work to make this interesting. Spoofed services, VMs, misdirection, impersonation. Best effort goes to the entry that put the most elbow grease into making this fun and a challenge.

Senior Citizen
    I've had a number of folks offering up some funky, unique old hardware. Go for it. Ideally it should have an ethernet port and an IP stack, but we might consider someone hiding the hash value somewhere in Zork on a TRS-80. Why not?

Prom Queen
    This is where we hope to see some really nice gear. Have to give credit for anyone risking some top-end hardware on something like this.

What am I missing? Any other ideas?
    Last edited by sk00t; June 13, 2007, 21:09. Reason: Updated: You can win, even if you lose.
    "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Re: Prize Categories

Originally posted by sk00t View Post
    What am I missing? Any other ideas?
    How about an "Embedded" category? At least half of the "servers" on my home network are sub-$100 devices that run some version of embedded Linux.
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Re: Prize Categories

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
      How about an "Embedded" category? At least half of the "servers" on my home network are sub-$100 devices that run some version of embedded Linux.
      Hrmm... Very good idea. Helluva lot easier to get on a plane, too. I had a couple small form factor things I was thinking of bringing as well.

"Most for least"?
      For the most functionality, for the least money?

"Best single-board defender"?

"Solder Gun Soldier"?

"Best flyweight"?
      "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Comment

Working...
      X