Torrents going dark for a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torrents going dark for a bit

I had started down the path of setting up servers to handle things independently of moving, but unfortunately too little, too much flack from web hosts (save arvixe, they are still rocking), but too late.. Things have come to a head and currently tracked torrents will go down (for a time, until I can set things back up).

Some may have noticed that my seeds have dropped for a while and some of the content has already been unavailable because of that, but this will all some day return as well. In the meantime keep tagging DTs server and pull all the cool content from the RSS feeds. Renderman has already been working on getting his hash tables shifted, but also consider sending him a few bucks and grabbing them on DVD. Its handy.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Re: Torrents going dark for a bit

Originally posted by converge View Post
    I had started down the path of setting up servers to handle things independently of moving, but unfortunately too little, too much flack from web hosts (save arvixe, they are still rocking), but too late.. Things have come to a head and currently tracked torrents will go down (for a time, until I can set things back up).

Some may have noticed that my seeds have dropped for a while and some of the content has already been unavailable because of that, but this will all some day return as well. In the meantime keep tagging DTs server and pull all the cool content from the RSS feeds. Renderman has already been working on getting his hash tables shifted, but also consider sending him a few bucks and grabbing them on DVD. Its handy.
    I obviously don't have the bandwidth you guys are moving toward, but I'm still seeding both sets of tables, and they are in constant state of action. I'll try to pick up the slack for you.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
      I'll try to pick up the slack for you.
      Well.. the 40GB tables are set because they're being tracked by the Shmoo .. who aren't tearing their boxen down to hop states. The 7GB tables need someone to handle the tracking .. otherwise anyone not capable of tracking between clients (ie non-Azureus users) will be out of luck.

Even with a new tracker up, folks will need to download and re-check data against a new torrent pointing to the new tracker URL. ... once that is resolved, the data is the same, so the torrents continue. But unless seeds and peers hop the other railroad track... :/
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
        Well.. the 40GB tables are set because they're being tracked by the Shmoo .. who aren't tearing their boxen down to hop states. The 7GB tables need someone to handle the tracking .. otherwise anyone not capable of tracking between clients (ie non-Azureus users) will be out of luck.

Even with a new tracker up, folks will need to download and re-check data against a new torrent pointing to the new tracker URL. ... once that is resolved, the data is the same, so the torrents continue. But unless seeds and peers hop the other railroad track... :/
        If all it means is reconfiguring some port settings, I can probably do that. Just shoot me a PM/IM.
        "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Working...
        X