• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sk00t
    replied
    Re: FAQ (Frequently Answered Questions)

Originally posted by Shinobi View Post
    Nay I'm not Pool2Girl, neither am I girl. I also won't go that low to get captures.... well maybe.... who knows....
    Kidding aside, just bring the biggest SATA drive you can with you and I'll hook you up. I'm not sure yet when the contest will end, but my guess would be we'll run from early Friday through Saturday afternoon, so after that swing by and I'll get you some captures.

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

Nay I'm not Pool2Girl, neither am I girl. I also won't go that low to get captures.... well maybe.... who knows....

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    It took me until reading the above quote to figure out wtf you two were going on about.

Regardless, If we are putting in orders from the lands far far and away, I would die for some Club Mate. So anyone coming from Germany..*hint hint*... I will pay.
    My apologies, didn't mean to steer this thread any further south (no pun).

But if we're smuggling, yeah, I guess in addition to the Neuf Du Pape, I would accept a Clandestine La Bleue, or even a Kübler for captures, in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• Nikita
    replied

Originally posted by sk00t View Post
    Are you Pool2Girl? I guess I know what to trade for the capture...
    It took me until reading the above quote to figure out wtf you two were going on about.

Regardless, If we are putting in orders from the lands far far and away, I would die for some Club Mate. So anyone coming from Germany..*hint hint*... I will pay.

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

Yup and it's a 1L bottle too... ouch...
    Are you Pool2Girl? I guess I know what to trade for the capture...

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

You can get that on the plane but not a server? Wha? I guess I know where you're keeping it, then...
    Yup and it's a 1L bottle too... ouch...

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

meths?
    You can get that on the plane but not a server? Wha? I guess I know where you're keeping it, then...

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

meths?

Leave a comment:

• enven
    replied

How about Pabst...and whiskey?

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

I'm not a beer guy, but a '99 Chateau Neuf Du Pape will get you a few hundred gigs of attack data. :)
    How about blue nun or babysham?

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

Beer?

If someone else is capturing data it might just be easier if I can rip a copy off later during Defcon.
    I'm not a beer guy, but a '99 Chateau Neuf Du Pape will get you a few hundred gigs of attack data. :)

Like I mention in the FAQ I'm going to bring a box with at least 1TB of capture. If you bring a SATA drive along it will be pretty easy for me to clone it off for you. You would just be at the bottom of the queue after any entrants who want the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

I'm not sure how many spans I'll have -- I'm bringing at least one 24 port switch, but they're older Nortels and may not do more than one mirror.

I realize you're in the UK so I understand it's a lot to ask to bring something over. Do you have something else to bribe me with? :)
    Beer?

If someone else is capturing data it might just be easier if I can rip a copy off later during Defcon.

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

Do we have to enter a box to get forensic data or can we hoover it up on the side line?
    I'm not sure how many spans I'll have -- I'm bringing at least one 24 port switch, but they're older Nortels and may not do more than one mirror.

I realize you're in the UK so I understand it's a lot to ask to bring something over. Do you have something else to bribe me with? :)

Leave a comment:

• Shinobi
    replied

Do we have to enter a box to get forensic data or can we hoover it up on the side line?

Leave a comment:

• sk00t
    replied

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I agree. I think you should have to create a new admin/UID 0 account. I think that shows ownership better than getting read access to a file.
    Updated the FAQ to read that the ciphertext will have instructions to claim the box. Makes it a bit more flexible that way so we can figure out what will be both fair and measurable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X