0wn the Presenter / 0wn the Goon (!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0wn the Presenter / 0wn the Goon (!)

Okay, so this is just so rad that I had to share. I have three presenter entries at this point, and now one Goon has stepped up as well.

This is so cool. For your trouble you guys get a special spot on the scoreboard.

I'm going to have to see if I can get special "I 0wned a goon / presenter" tees for attackers printed up as well.

Any other goons or presenters want to step up?
    "Raise a toast to ... I think he might have been our only decent ."

Re: 0wn the Presenter / 0wn the Goon (!)

Originally posted by sk00t View Post
    Any other goons or presenters want to step up?
    i'll make it official and state that i will be bringing a pair of boxen for your contest. To make things interesting i'll possibly try and "old vs new" pairing. i'll be bringing win32 machines, since you expressed a desire to have them there. one will be running Win2K3 Server, the other will be running just Win2K. Maybe i'll even do something similar with the apache daemons... 2.0 on the newer one and 1.3 on the older box.

regardless of what software i ultimately choose, both boxes will be former Dept. of Defense workstations... Gateway E-series (i think they're E4000 or E4100 models) with 2.4 GHz P4 processors and 256 MB of DDR memory. the hard drives were pulled upon recondition, so right now i just dropped in some old IDE disks that i had laying on a supply shelf. i may keep those drives, anyway, so don't consider them part of the prize.

but yeah, one more blue badge / red shirt lays himself open to pwnage.
    Last edited by Deviant Ollam; June 19, 2007, 21:08.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Do we get a prize if we 0wn a vendor?
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
        Do we get a prize if we 0wn a vendor?
        That was the Dragos thing at CanSec, which I have shamelessly pirated.

But that's a good call. I asked someone at ISS for Proventia boxen and got no wub. I think they're too busy looking for Snort BoF's. Chris PM'd and said he'd look around as well.

I have been trying to whore out to vendors but other than the aforementioned cash (which I'm still waiting confirmation on), I got nada.

So, yeah, find a vendor to sign up, and then 0wn them, and I'll get you a shirt. :)

In more altruistic news, as this has been mushrooming, I'm wondering if this might be a good place to round up donations for EFF / tHF. I don't think it's too much to ask for someone to pony up, say $25 if they 0wn a box and get free hardware. Just a thought.

Comment

Love the idea of 0wn3d a goon shirt

Last edited by surbo; July 3, 2007, 08:33.
          update your 404--=--

Comment

Okay, that's a whole LOT of jpeg. Can you edit to some kind of sane size?

Anyhoo, I need a few more goon entries to justify the t-shirt. I'm actually thinking at the moment I might make a checkbox on the back of the shirt, and check off the applicable comment with a paint pen, something like:

"I did 0wnthebox at DC15, and:

a) Survived
            b) 0wned a box
            c) 0wned a goon / presenter
            d) Got 0wned

... and all I got was this cheesy t-shirt."

Oh, and if you are one of the I-Hacked guys I think you at least deserve a retroactive "I owned a(ll) goon(s)" shirt. :)
            Last edited by sk00t; July 4, 2007, 00:02. Reason: T-shirt offer. I am going broke, fast.

Comment

Working...
            X