Queercon Mixer and Afterparty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queercon Mixer and Afterparty

After great debate and the obligatory gay drama, Queercon 2007 has finally been planned.

This year, Queercon will involve two sub-events: a Mixer and an Afterparty.

The Mixer will be Friday at 4:00pm, in a location yet-to-be-determined but someplace chill with a bar. This is the opportunity for a GLBT hacker community to actually form; we can talk, drink, slip off to the bathroom for a quickie, whatever. During this mixer, I personally will be buying the first drink for anyone who convinces me they are a fellow queer (after all, I should get something for my money!) I'll post again once I know how it'll be easy to identify me; haven't planned the wardrobe yet.

The Afterparty will be Friday at 10:00pm, also in a location yet-to-be-determined. This will be our classic Queercon: loud music, dancing, glowy stuff, the usual. Last year we were in one of the Press Rooms, this year we're hoping for something a little more visible. Come get your groove on to some sick music like only the gays can do.

Anyone is welcome to attend either event, regardless of your preference.
    yah

Re: Queercon Mixer and Afterparty

For these locations...are you thinking on-site or off-site?

Fellow queers who are also goons (eg. myself) might have a preference, of course...but let me not stand in the way of progress (and drinking)

Lock

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed View Post
      For these locations...are you thinking on-site or off-site?
      We are looking for onsite locations for both events. Probably just the mixer might get moved offsite since realistically we just need a classy-enough bar to hold the attention of a group of tinsel-toed hackers. But we've asked the organizers if there's a DC-operated space that might foot the bill. Hopefully we'll get lucky!

It should make it easier that we're not even looking to own the space, just want it known that we're there.

The Afterparty will almost certainly be onsite.
      yah

Comment

Alright, we have an actual name for our dance party now... it's (( club queercon )) to get your groove on! :)
        My Web site is .

Comment

Originally posted by tprophet View Post
          Alright, we have an actual name for our dance party now... it's (( club queercon )) to get your groove on! :)
          So will tprophet be shaking his groove-thang on the dance floor?
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Working...
          X