Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Entry Thread - ENTRIES ONLY!!!

Originally posted by thecotman
    This message was not really posted at the date and time specified.
    I altered the date with a db update, so that it would appear at the top of the thread. The original is a few posts down.
    The posts above the original were imported from the old, obsoleted thread started by Nick Farr when he was running Hacker Jeopardy, before he handed control over to the new organizer, larsu. I sent an email to the forum-associated email address for each of the three users that posted to the old signup thread letting them know about this new thread and that there were changes.

This year, we will be accepting applications from both teams and individuals. We will likely hold a set of qualifying games Friday afternoon to allow unproven teams/people a chance to show off their skillz and advance into the late night tournament. And it will give us a chance to beta test our new buzzer system. Vinyl Vanna will not participate in the qualifying rounds; she's already in. ;)

TEAMS
    Get together your team of 3 players and send the following to hackerjeopardy [at] gmail dot com:

1. Team Name (and slogan!)
    2. Player Names/Handles, cell phone number to reach you during the con, and short (25-50 word) bio for each player. Leaders, don't forget to write your own!
    3. 25-50 words on why "anything their team can do, your team can do better."

INDIVIDUALS

1. Player Name/Handle, cell phone number to reach you during the con and short (25-50 word) bio for yourself. If there is someone you want to be grouped with, but you don't have a third to make a complete team, make a note of this and we'll do our best to accommodate. Unless your desired partner sucks. We'll assemble the individuals into teams of 3.

General Guidelines:

* Team leaders must have their entire team assembled and ready to go in the reserved player area on Friday and Saturday nights. (Entering a team is a great way to get good reserved seats!)
    * Contestant teams will be picked from those teams available and present at the contest at the beginning of each round on Friday and Saturday nights. (This is why you should make it to qualifiers, to show us how smart, entertaining, and prompt your team is.)
    * Contestant teams must be available to play in the Final Round on Saturday night.
    * Any questions, concerns or last minute entries may be sent to hackerjeopardy [at] gmail dot com or during the con in the Info Booth area.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; June 30, 2007, 06:21.

Official Entry Thread - ENTRIES ONLY!!!

nobody yet? Fine, it's not like it's a surprise that ipvsex is going to try again. The mets won, and so can we. The usual cast of characters will be there: myself, anonpoet, skunky. our fourth will be unbekannt. As for why, you know you want us as contestants, admit it, it just wouldn't be as fun without us. besides, it's not as if the nymphs are going to actually grow a pair and make daily doubles useful, so someone has to. let's get this party started, anyone else think you can do better, step up

Comment

Re: Official Entry Thread - TEAM ENTRIES ONLY!!!

As long as galt has us registered; wouldn't want our email address to go missing...

Comment

Re: Official Entry Thread - TEAM ENTRIES ONLY!!!

1.) Vegas 2.0

2.) Hackajar, Packet Baron, Str3tch, Kevin

3.) Bio's to follow in next 5 days (team members on travel right now) This is more or less a "name in the hat" post.
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Official Entry Thread - ENTRIES ONLY!!!

This year, we will be accepting applications from both teams and individuals. We will likely hold a set of qualifying games Friday afternoon to allow unproven teams/people a chance to show off their skillz and advance into the late night tournament. And it will give us a chance to beta test our new buzzer system. Vinyl Vanna will not participate in the qualifying rounds; she's already in. ;)

TEAMS
          Get together your team of 3 players and send the following to hackerjeopardy [at] gmail dot com:

1. Team Name (and slogan!)
          2. Player Names/Handles, cell phone number to reach you during the con, and short (25-50 word) bio for each player. Leaders, don't forget to write your own!
          3. 25-50 words on why "anything their team can do, your team can do better."

INDIVIDUALS

1. Player Name/Handle, cell phone number to reach you during the con and short (25-50 word) bio for yourself. If there is someone you want to be grouped with, but you don't have a third to make a complete team, make a note of this and we'll do our best to accommodate. Unless your desired partner sucks. We'll assemble the individuals into teams of 3.

General Guidelines:

* Team leaders must have their entire team assembled and ready to go in the reserved player area on Friday and Saturday nights. (Entering a team is a great way to get good reserved seats!)
          * Contestant teams will be picked from those teams available and present at the contest at the beginning of each round on Friday and Saturday nights. (This is why you should make it to qualifiers, to show us how smart, entertaining, and prompt your team is.)
          * Contestant teams must be available to play in the Final Round on Saturday night.
          * Any questions, concerns or last minute entries may be sent to hackerjeopardy [at] gmail dot com or during the con in the Info Booth area.

Comment

Re: Official Entry Thread - ENTRIES ONLY!!!

We still need more entries...

The only thing more fun than watching HJ is playing. Post here or send a full entry to hackerjeopardy at gmail dot com .

Comment

Is there still a need for more entries? I'll see if I can get a team together.

Comment

I'll have bio's up tonight. Sorry for delay. We are still in the hat yes?
                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by rcsheets View Post
                  Is there still a need for more entries? I'll see if I can get a team together.
                  Yes, more entries are needed. We'd love to have you compete.

Comment

Guys, I'd love to play- but Mystery Challenge consumes my time this year...

LosT

Comment

Saddened by the absence of Bobcat and Billy Goto ... nevertheless, we have a new name and a new ... whatever, we just want to drink a lot of free beer again and make asses of ourselves on stage. You've loved us as Team Fed, Drunk Guy By The Pool, and now, with a new third, we have become ....

OMG Ponies!!!!!

That's right, here to defend our consistent "also ran" status, we're back, baby!

Brother Sunshine (the asswipe formerly known as g-unit)
                      fr0c@7
                      I)ruid

G Mark has my cell number.

Comment

303 would love to play again.
                        we demand a rematch! :P
                        -Pyr0

Comment

Originally posted by brotherSunshine View Post
                          ... whatever, we just want to drink a lot of free beer again and make asses of ourselves on stage ....

That's the spirit. ;)

Comment

Entry sent to the provided email address.

Comment

rm -rf / sobriety

The funsters from 0x28 Thieves (see http://www.whitehatters.org, or the more esoteric http://0x28.net for more info) hope to pull off the first ever (Defcon historians can correct me if I'm wrong) double of a CTF win and a Hacker J! win. Black badges to go with black jackets would be very cool. Of course, we realize we are up against the best of the best, so we will just give it our best shot and see what happens.

Anyhow, the drinking/debauchery arm of the club featuring DJ Mitch Mitchem will certainly give the other J! teams a run for their money.

1. Team Name: rm -rf / sobriety

2. Player Names/Handles:

A. (Capt.) Triple-H - claim to fame: was on real J! See thread here.

B. DJ Mitch Mitchem - claim to fame: Mitch is to beers what Kobayashi is to hot dogs!

Mitch story #1: After a night of drinking at Mad Dog’s at Charlotte’s Boardwalk, we get back to the hotel...Matt picks up a Wall Street Journal and says with disdain about some would-be competition: "Who the f*** is DJ Stocks?!" "Oh, that’s the Dow Jones..."

Mitch story #2: This is an actual email from Mitch: (although he has no recollection of it):
                              > -----Original Message-----
                              > From: MitchMitchem
                              > Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:30 AM
                              > To: wcsc@***
                              > Subject: Re: [Wcsc] Fiscal Year Deadlines Approaching (fwd)
                              >
                              > ohman. im drunmk. darts all ngiht. guitar hero 2. i even cooke
                              > dthis chick dinner. awesome. althought she went home, so that kinda
                              > suck.s but i'm too drunk to perform. you know what i'm talking aout,
                              > right? im talking about sex.
                              > sex.sex.sex.sex.sex.sexsexc.ex.secx.sec.sec.sex.ye
                              > ag,
                              > thats right. who needds a bot when i can post myseld?
                              >
                              > <3 mitch (almost daemon, but not quite0)

C. Jymbolia - claim to fame: has held every job known to man, including time-share sales. Sticks up for Mitch when everyone else wants to throttle him (however, it is Jymbolia's nature to take the opposite side of any issue--so, if everyone said they loved Mitch, Jymbolia would hate him).

And if we need a sub...

A Player to be Named Later - Claim to fame: ? We are bringing like 15 people to Defcon. So, whoever's not too strung out from Kenshoto's beatings and still feels like pounding a few brews and answering geek trivia will be pressed into service.

...I'm not posting my cell phone on this list, but I'll be happy to send a private message to Winn or whoever needs it.

...25-50 words on why "anything their team can do, your team can do better":

Top 5 reasons to pick us:
                              5. Know that 1 + 1 = 1 (or 10, depending on your POV)
                              4. Last surviving members of the Dharma Initiative.
                              3. Regularly pass Turing tests.
                              2. Regularly fail Voight-Kampff tests.
                              1. Know that Kobayashi Maru is not a hotdog-eating champion!

Cheers,
                              Triple-H

Comment

Working...
                              X