X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theprez98
    replied
    Re: FedEx Club

Everything is just fine. I assure you, there is no Traveling Terabyte Project here.

Leave a comment:

• TheCotMan
    replied

Then you just need people on their forums discussing it, and explaining how they think it must be a myth. Create enough discussion on it being a myth, and they might investigate it.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Yup, Mythbusters was my first thought!

Leave a comment:

• Thorn
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    I asked my boss if I could pick up the TTB and bring it here. He asked what it was and I explained it to him. His reply, "I heard about that in Iraq, it's just an urban myth." I assured him it was real.

So there you have it. TTB is an urban myth to some. Me thinks that means there is a demand out there for them.
    That's funny. Maybe we can get the MythBusters to do a segment on Deviant and the TTB. Then we can see the "CONFIRMED" plate drop onto the picture of you with the TTB01.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Well you had the first write up and it got out quite well. Be sure to contact the LA Times techology section, they usually have an entry or two about Defcon. Heck maybe the FOOD section can do an article on the Toxic BBQ. :>

I asked my boss if I could pick up the TTB and bring it here. He asked what it was and I explained it to him. His reply, "I heard about that in Iraq, it's just an urban myth." I assured him it was real.

So there you have it. TTB is an urban myth to some. Me thinks that means there is a demand out there for them.
    Last edited by astcell; July 17, 2007, 02:56.

Leave a comment:

• not5150
    replied

Yes please notify the press about this project. It sounds awesome. :)

I'd be happy to write an update about the Trav. Terabyte Project.

Leave a comment:

• bloofar
    replied

In the spirit of breaking people, I vote that if anyone downloads anything they shall be forced to take Tetsuo with them. If It's not already in the collection, I can provide it :)

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

I always wondered -- what do you do when you run out of drive letters? Do you just have to make RAIDS so you never have more than 26 disks? And what if we used an alphabet with say 12 letters? Think we will go to come sort of drive numbering instead?
    Well you don't have to increase the number of RAIDS, you can increase the size of them or the size of the drives that are in the RAIDS ..

Leave a comment:

• staticblac
    replied

I stand corrected.

Leave a comment:

• Voltage Spike
    replied

Originally posted by staticblac View Post
    My guess windows would crash. This is why nix* systems have mount points. I think I am gonna have to get a few sata controllers and see if I found a new approach to crashing windows lol.
    Microsoft has supported mount points since at least Windows 2000 and they actually work quite well. From Disk Management, simply "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." and assign the drive to an empty NTFS folder.

Leave a comment:

• staticblac
    replied

I always wondered -- what do you do when you run out of drive letters? Do you just have to make RAIDS so you never have more than 26 disks? And what if we used an alphabet with say 12 letters? Think we will go to come sort of drive numbering instead?
    My guess windows would crash. This is why nix* systems have mount points. I think I am gonna have to get a few sata controllers and see if I found a new approach to crashing windows lol.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    not a bad plan, i'm going to create a new box specifically dedicated to keeping an independent archive of the two cases. been wondering what i was going to do with this extra machine... looks like it's construction time again, yet another RAID-5 array the size of a kitchen appliance.
    Well i have always heard it said that you can't have too many of those RAID thingys!

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

I am tempted to buy a few of the drives from Tiger that I showed you as a local backup....
    not a bad plan, i'm going to create a new box specifically dedicated to keeping an independent archive of the two cases. been wondering what i was going to do with this extra machine... looks like it's construction time again, yet another RAID-5 array the size of a kitchen appliance.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I am tempted to buy a few of the drives from Tiger that I showed you as a local backup....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X