X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squidly1
    replied
    Re: Official Guitar Hero II Signups!

Gotcher... kek. Freebird's too dang long anyway - that and the 7 minute long Jessica. Gets my carpal tunnel all irritated ;).

- Squidly1
    (practicing)

Leave a comment:

• panadero
    replied

Originally posted by Squidly1 View Post
    Sign me up for Medium.

Got a quick question about the two songs we will be playing: Will we each choose our songs, or will they be pre-determined for us? Reason I ask is that some songs are inherently worth more than others (longer, have chords, tons of fret strokes, etc).

Thanks!

- Squidly1
    Thx Squid! As the rules say, you pick your two songs for just that reason. You want to maximize your points...but no freebird :surprised

Leave a comment:

• Squidly1
    replied

Sign me up for Medium.

Got a quick question about the two songs we will be playing: Will we each choose our songs, or will they be pre-determined for us? Reason I ask is that some songs are inherently worth more than others (longer, have chords, tons of fret strokes, etc).

Thanks!

- Squidly1

Leave a comment:

• xwred1
    replied

I picked up the 80s version earlier this week, its pretty fun. Easier than GH2 though. I was able to pass everything on hard first try, was able to 5 star alot of songs on the first try. Only song I couldn't pass on the first try on hard was the last one, "Play with me".

The Asia song on there is indeed crap though. I'd never heard it before.

Leave a comment:

• bascule
    replied

Well, I've played all of once but between playing (real) bass and DDR I think I have medium down... sign me up

Also... where's the DDR tournament? That's something I'm actually good at, heh

Leave a comment:

• Fristle
    replied

Sign me up for the Expert bracket.

Just beat Freebird/Expert last night. Woo!

Leave a comment:

• xwred1
    replied

I think I'm going to do hard too, for the same reasons.

I almost don't care though, I just want to play with some people and have fun you know. My skill has actually gone down lately, I think because I haven't had anyone to play with. I've got a perforated eardrum right now too, so I can't hear too well out of one ear. Seems almost like that is bringing down my game too, but I probably just suck.

Leave a comment:

• larsu
    replied

Originally posted by xwred1 View Post
    Whats to stop someone who is good playing on medium? For someone who is really good at hard or expert, going back down to medium can mean 100% note accuracy w/o much trouble.
    I picked which level I could score the most points in. Even though I can five star a few songs on expert, I can still score higher on 2 songs on hard than I can on expert.

Leave a comment:

• Exist
    replied

Fug, it's been awhile since i've played but i'm sure i'm around the medium area in GH skill. So yeah, i'm game!

Leave a comment:

• panadero
    replied

That sounds fun.

Have you bought the song packs from GH1 for your 360?

The 80s edition of GH comes out shortly before Defcon.. but I think that is PS2 only. I'll probably bring a PS2 with me just so I can practice for this thing, and I'll buy that game..
    I have not bought the new song packs. At $2.00 a song, that's a little pricey...GH3 should be awesome tho :D

Leave a comment:

• FeloniousFish
    replied

That sounds fun.

The 80s edition of GH comes out shortly before Defcon.. but I think that is PS2 only. I'll probably bring a PS2 with me just so I can practice for this thing, and I'll buy that game..
    I don't know, something about rocking out to Asia's "Heat of the Moment" doesn't sound too cool to me. It may turn into Karaoke competion. and you don't want to hear me sing.

Leave a comment:

• xwred1
    replied

Originally posted by panadero View Post
    That is something that we have talked about, which we were going to have prequalifications for. However, if you can hit >95% of the notes on 2 songs in whichever level you choose, it doesn't matter if you can play expert songs or not. At that point, it comes down to how you use your star power, note accuracy, song choice, etc...

We want this contest to be fun, and are having a little bit of faith in players that they will play the level they are appropriate for, and you can only compete in 1 level. If I was good enough at Expert, I would want to win that before I'd want to win Medium...after signups are over, players can not change their level.
    That sounds fun.

Leave a comment:

• panadero
    replied

I'd like to play on hard, or even expert (if I practice up a TON before the con... I can do well on some expert songs now)

Whats to stop someone who is good playing on medium? For someone who is really good at hard or expert, going back down to medium can mean 100% note accuracy w/o much trouble.
    That is something that we have talked about, which we were going to have prequalifications for. However, if you can hit >95% of the notes on 2 songs in whichever level you choose, it doesn't matter if you can play expert songs or not. At that point, it comes down to how you use your star power, note accuracy, song choice, etc...

We want this contest to be fun, and are having a little bit of faith in players that they will play the level they are appropriate for, and you can only compete in 1 level. If I was good enough at Expert, I would want to win that before I'd want to win Medium...after signups are over, players can not change their level.

Leave a comment:

• xwred1
    replied

I'd like to play on hard, or even expert (if I practice up a TON before the con... I can do well on some expert songs now)

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

I've never played.. don't own a 360 or anything Sony. .. but if there's a 'Total Suckage' category, I'll challenge entr0py for the title.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X