Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa ppl

Hi,
    DC Veteran of about 8 yrs, but I don't really know any local guys. I've seen a few people on the planes that look familiar over the years, but don't ever seem to link up. If you're from the bay area give a shout.

Re: Tampa ppl

I have been going since DC8. I will be in Tampa the weekend before and after Defcon. I have lived in Tampa since April 2006 and TRYING to find folks in the area who go to Defcon! Unfortunately will be in my present location until about April 2008.

I fly out Monday before con and come back Monday after, on Southwest.

Comment

I will be going to defcon 17. First one for me.

Comment

anyone in florida lets hook up! send me contact info
        thanks mindwarp -anyone going to defcon? also anyone wants to have meetings lets do it,

Comment

Re: Tampa ppl anyone out there

hey bro im from tampa lets hook up im a new member to defcon but have been in tech world for years,its a pleasure to know you,i would like to have meetings can you set one up so i could join or you and i could meet and share ideas and such,it will be awesome-please send contact info as i dont know any florida geeks and would like to be part of a group or lets start a group,you know more then me so you choose when the meeting is and such-ill get us pizza and drinks and we can have meetings-email me bro lets make it happen-see ya -mindwarp

Comment

Man where were you guys when I was still in Tampa. I have 97X on my Internet radio all the time. Hmm I wonder if I can sell my life here. Car, job, house, etc, to the highest bidder, Just take over. :>

Comment

Hey, been going to these since DC3, but never knew there was a local group. Any kind of meet-up there? Is there a Sushicon this year? Might be a good opportunity to meet-up.
              Freedom, Convenience, Security - Pick only Two

Comment

We'll most likely be meeting up at con this year. Not sure when/where but it's definitely on the table. We're all on Twitter, IRC, and usually update the Google Calendar when there's something going on. DC407 is based out of Orlando, but we have members that commute in from up to 75 miles away.

Comment

I know some hackers that live in the Tampa area, but not sure any of them would want to get involved with a DCG. I haven't heard much out of Tampa really lately, except that one guy mindwarp who posted everywhere. Check the 2600 meeting as well.
                  "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Thinking of getting a large suite at the Rio in the next few days and perhaps doing a DC813 party for DC#19. I am sure no one objects to a party... but is anyone willing to help get it together, planned and paid for?
                    Freedom, Convenience, Security - Pick only Two

Comment

Working...
                    X