Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories

I'm bringing an english-style red ale that I've just bottled. It's a friend's recipe that I really like.

The list GABF winners list shows 50 categories. Will there really be 50 categories? Seems like everyone will be a winner then, unless we get a lot more entries than most 1st year contests. :)

Maybe I'm confused about how you're judging them. Are you going to narrow the categories down to their basic elements? (Say Pilsner Ales, Dark Ales, Lagers, &etc?)

Just curious, maybe you don't have that level of detail worked out yet. I'll be entering regardless, given that my beer makes it to the con.

Looking forward!

- pm

Re: Categories

Originally posted by phreakmonkey View Post
    I'm bringing an english-style red ale that I've just bottled. It's a friend's recipe that I really like.

The list GABF winners list shows 50 categories. Will there really be 50 categories? Seems like everyone will be a winner then, unless we get a lot more entries than most 1st year contests. :)

Maybe I'm confused about how you're judging them. Are you going to narrow the categories down to their basic elements? (Say Pilsner Ales, Dark Ales, Lagers, &etc?)

Just curious, maybe you don't have that level of detail worked out yet. I'll be entering regardless, given that my beer makes it to the con.

Looking forward!

- pm

The key to winning, is to be the last beer that the judges taste.
    Because it's all good after you're completely wasted. ;p

All i know, is i'm bringing beer and someone is going to drink it damnit.
    I've already polished most of my homebrew lager, so only have enough to bring to defcon at this point anyways heh.
    Synapses, the spaces between neurons, are the channels through which our most fundamental traits, preferences, and beliefs are encoded. In short, they enable each of us to function as a single, integrated individual
    -A synaptic self- from moment to moment, from year to year

Comment

Re: Categories

Beers will be judged depending on how they compare to the winning beers in *their category*. There will only be one winner. Me and the other two judges were on hand at the GABF to taste the winners first hand. The beer that tastes the best according to what it is supposed to be will be the winner.

As far as the last beer being tasted winning it, I disagree. For judging each judge is only going to be provided about two ounces of your brew. Just enough to get a good solid taste. We will be eating crackers between brews. I wouldn't want to have cross contamination of flavor!
      Dr. Faustus
      --
      If a man be drunk overnight, the devil cannot hurt him in the morning.

Comment

Working...
      X