This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron chef, blacked code with 1337 sauce

I was reading through all the blackhat talks and, among quite a few other very interesting ones.. This looked like it could be a cool contest for defcon 16 (that is, if it isn't already canceled).

If your too lazy to click and read the link, here's a quick synopsis:

"In the spirit of the Food Network’s cult favorite show, Iron Chef, our Chairman will reveal the surprise ingredient (the code), and then let the challenger and the ‘Iron Hacker’ face off in a frenetic security battle. The guest panel will judge the tools created and used to determine which who's hack-fu will be victorious and who will be vanquished."

http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-...ers.html#Chess

Something along these lines would fit in good among the various contests at defcon. Some details would need working out but.. it could be pretty fun/funny/interesting. (possibly involve alcohol?, possibly have live screen displays in two separate rooms, random crowd help, etc).

Maybe we could have some notable faces be the "Iron Hacker" and have random people come up and:
    <mortal_kombat_voice>"test their might" </mortal_kombat_voice>.

btw: wikipedia never stops suprizing me:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Yo...(Mortal_Kombat)
    The only constant in the universe is change itself

Re: Iron chef, blacked code with 1337 sauce

not to be confused with the Titanium Chef contest that Deviant Ollam is running at the ToxicBBQ on Thursday, an actual alteration of the Iron Chef for grillmasters and food enthusiasts alike. Be sure to PM or email him to compete!
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
      not to be confused with the Titanium Chef contest that Deviant Ollam is running at the ToxicBBQ on Thursday, an actual alteration of the Iron Chef for grillmasters and food enthusiasts alike. Be sure to PM or email him to compete!
      by the way, man... one other team did PM me to participate, so your team will have at least one adversary. can't wait to see what happens.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

At Blackhat it was two teams of two (both from the same company) competing to find the best holes in a Java web app. They were showing their work on the screens while they were hacking away. They had 45 minutes, and really had to mostly rely on their fuzzing/code analysis apps. For people who don't work for a company that makes those apps, it might be too short of a time limit; even for the Blackhat people with their collections of tweaked tools, they didn't have time to get very deep into the app.

Maybe make it a multi-day event? Announce the app to be attacked on Friday morning, or distribute it on the CD, and then on Sunday everyone reports back with their exploits and hacks, and see who has the best ones?

Comment

Working...
        X