The wonderful world of liquor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wonderful world of liquor!

I was wondering if anyone's up for a potluck type of deal but for liquor? Kind of like, you bring some liquor and you see someone else who has some liquor you're curious about and want to taste so you trade off a glass of your liquor or pay them $5 (divide number of oz by cost price of bottle to come to a fair price). How does that sound? Kind of a way to get to taste the liquor of the world but for a much cheaper price through sharing. We should be able to drink by the pool right (haha) ?

In order to make this work, people will list the type of booze they're planning to buy and the price they're paying, this way we can avoid people getting multiple types of the same booze and allow for more variety.

And I officially call this BOOZE CON! haha

If you peeps are up for it i'll make an official (cardboard) sign
    "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Re: The wonderful world of liquor!

Originally posted by Exist View Post
    I was wondering if anyone's up for a potluck type of deal but for liquor? Kind of like, you bring some liquor and you see someone else who has some liquor you're curious about and want to taste so you trade off a glass of your liquor or pay them $5 (divide number of oz by cost price of bottle to come to a fair price). How does that sound? Kind of a way to get to taste the liquor of the world but for a much cheaper price through sharing. We should be able to drink by the pool right (haha) ?

In order to make this work, people will list the type of booze they're planning to buy and the price they're paying, this way we can avoid people getting multiple types of the same booze and allow for more variety.

I'm pretty sure DefCon is already Booze Con.
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say that this just sounds like defcon in general.

The last year at the AP we had a party in our room. anybody remember the room with the turntables and the trashcan hooch?

The can started out with a bottle of vodka, a bottle of rum, half a bottle of tequila, and a couple of flasks worth of whiskey, and some orange soda. Tasted like peach juice. And just peach juice.

Then random people came by with bottle of booze which we dumped in the trashcan and then refilled their bottle from the can.

Comment

Originally posted by bloofar View Post
        The last year at the AP we had a party in our room. anybody remember the room with the turntables and the trashcan hooch?
        I remember that. My friends convinced me to use a bottle of 151 to blow fireballs right outside that room.

The hooch was good.
        Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by bloofar View Post
          The can started out with a bottle of vodka, a bottle of rum, half a bottle of tequila, and a couple of flasks worth of whiskey, and some orange soda. Tasted like peach juice. And just peach juice.

Then random people came by with bottle of booze which we dumped in the trashcan and then refilled their bottle from the can.
          I was considering a batch of jungle juice for the weekend but that sounds like a much idea. And a good way to make friends too.
          -- jedi

Comment

Aight so how do we wanna do this? Or does someone wanna volunteer their party/room for this? You know if Ninja's up for it?
            "They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war there is nothing sweet or fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Feel free to come to our I-Hacked party on Fri.. Would love to have a booze-con in there.

Comment

Aight, sounds like a plan. Hev, you alright with dumping all the booze into a giant trash can and just serving people out of it? Haha, this is a wicked idea *thanks bloo*, the whole point of alc is to get people fucked up and you know for sure that'll do the trick haha

Now all that's left is to do the big graffiti cardboard sign

Party I-Hack
                "Home of the infamous BOOZE CON!"

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Right now it looks like we're still waiting to get a green light from I-Hacked so as of now we still don't have any idea where booze con is going to take place. 50/50 right now and until we can get some responses back we can give the ok and let everyone else know what's happening. Bloo, I still haven't heard from you.

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

count me in - call rm 2102, lv msgs - or email

Right now it looks like we're still waiting to get a green light from I-Hacked so as of now we still don't have any idea where booze con is going to take place. 50/50 right now and until we can get some responses back we can give the ok and let everyone else know what's happening. Bloo, I still haven't heard from you.
                    +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Mixitup View Post
                      count me in - call rm 2102, lv msgs - or email
                      sounds like a sweet idea, i'll bring me flask and some booz!

Comment

Hey peeps, i'm off to ground zero so check up on the forums to know whats going on and if you have dodgeball (dodgeball.com) pay attention to that since most of the updates are going to come from there. See you at the TBBQ.

-- Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Sign me up

+++ Dallas +++

Comment

Working...
                          X