X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fry's Electronics run

Heya,

is seems that every year a bunch of folk make a dash out to the Fry's on the edge of the city to pick up last minute parts, wires, etc. that they need for their various contraptions and gadgets. A couple people participating in contests i'm running are considering trying to find a way out there. Does anyone else care to post here regarding such a trip? Perhaps find a way to bum rides from others with room in the car or split a taxi fare? Help each other and save some money, folks.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Re: Fry's Electronics run

Yeah, I definitely would like to go. We don't have them up here, and I'd at least like to see it.
    Thorn
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

I will have a truck on Thrusday. Send me a dogeball ping if you need a ride.
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Fry's is ok...but does anyone know of a cool surplus/electronics store in Las Vegas? We have a couple around here that rock for prices and gizmos.
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k View Post
          Fry's is ok...but does anyone know of a cool surplus/electronics store in Las Vegas? We have a couple around here that rock for prices and gizmos.
          I guess that would be a good question for Londo. He's the leetest local resident hacker.
          And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

On the peninsula? Can you give me some locations?
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

I can give rides to Fry's.... I'll be in town for both BH and DC.

Fry's runs seem to be a defacto tradition during DC. I always seem to forget to bring a Firewire or some other cable to the con.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                On the peninsula? Can you give me some locations?
                Down here (San Francisco) the two cool ones are :

WierdStuff
                http://www.weirdstuff.com/
                and
                HSC
                http://www.halted.com/
                ~:CK:~
                I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Down here (San Francisco) the two cool ones are :

WierdStuff
                  http://www.weirdstuff.com/
                  and
                  HSC
                  http://www.halted.com/
                  Thanks! I'll be landing in SFO Monday.
                  Thorn

Comment

Working...
                  X