At the Riviera now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the Riviera now

It's 2:09 AM and I've just checked into the wonderful Riviera.

Strangely enough there are only two types of people walking around... male whites that look like Priest and lots of Chinese. There's a police chiefs convention going on right now at the hotel and here is a look at some of their interesting sessions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/not5150...7601134570950/

Wireless - I see several hotspots, but it's all fee-based. There is a wide-open NETGEAR that doesn't give an IP - so you could probably get in by sniffing for an IP address and then statically assigning yourself something in the block. But... there's no way in hell I would trust that connection, even if I did get in.

Sprint EVDO - Rev. A speeds in the hotel room :)

Re: At the Riviera now

I think it was the same police convention there last year. It's much smaller, mostly in the rooms right near the entrance. Glad to see someone is already there scoping it out.

I've typically flown in late Thursday night most of the time, but this year I'll be coming in tonight. It's kind of cool to watch the place transform in the span of a few hours as people from all over start flooding in. It tends to be really quiet through most of Thursday.

I'm psyched cause this year I can finally make it to the Toxic BBQ tomorrow.

I'll be looking for early folks to hang out with around the lobby so keep an eye out.

PS: Got a new at&t HSDPA phone just in time for the trip, just need to get bluetooth working.

Comment

Our San Diego based "convoy" is leaving early tomorrow, so that we can make the Toxic BBQ event for the first time. See you all there!
      ..::800xl::..

Comment

The Pocatello, ID caravan departs tomorrow morning too. See ya'all @ DefCon

Comment

Originally posted by tweakt View Post
          I think it was the same police convention there last year. It's much smaller, mostly in the rooms right near the entrance. Glad to see someone is already there scoping it out.

I've typically flown in late Thursday night most of the time, but this year I'll be coming in tonight.
          Tonight? Tonight? I am already here. You are slow. I drove (of course), preferring the annoyance of driving to the difficulties of getting all the coffeewars stuff and all the electronics through TSA.

Originally posted by tweakt View Post
          I'll be looking for early folks to hang out with around the lobby so keep an eye out.

PS: Got a new at&t HSDPA phone just in time for the trip, just need to get bluetooth working.
          So? Does this mean you're already here then?

Comment

I've been in Vegas since last Friday, but am staying with a friend to keep costs down for me during my stay.

Comment

For the 2nd time in 5 years, I will be regrettably unable to make it Gotta love the last minute fit hitting the shan at the workplace. see you all next year.
              Help save the environment by minimizing garbage. Please, spay or neuter your Mac.

Comment

Working...
              X