X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shout Outs! / Thanks and Sorrys

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    awe... *single tear*

such kind words, man. you are my brother, and it pains me that defcon seems to be the only time during the year that we get to hang out. i had no idea just how much you loved that Gadsden flag until Jackalope mentioned your reaction to me later. it just struck me as something you deserved... you personify the mentality of independence and self-sufficiency enough to have your photo next to "liberty" in the dictionary. it just seemed fitting, hence i gave it without a second thought. and besides, i owned two of them... so i still have the other one in my office.

(that's the new office, btw. i'm in the school's basement... i fucking love having a basement room in a wicked-old building like this. it's like i've been sorted into Slytherin House or something. the red stain i put sprayed up in the rafters is my favorite part due to the surprise it gave the administration, heh.)

is this a new sig file? i don't recall seeing it before. actually, i don't recall seeing it under your posts or in print... from what work does it derive, do you know? ah, nevermind... while posting a quick google revealed that it's an often mis-attributed quote that many folk thought appeared in an article of his in the Tribune but actually was first seen in an article he wrote for The Evening Standard on 1941/01/08. answered me' own question, i did.

a fine quote in any context, i'd say.
    Yes, it is a new quote.. I thought it was one of the better ones I have ran across in a while.

Nice office! Like how you have DC Forums up on the computer in the background. ;)
    As far as hanging out goes.. it is not THAT far of a drive either way for us.. let's set something up soon! Hit me up on IM or IRC and we can work out the details.
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che View Post
      Nice office! Like how you have DC Forums up on the computer in the background.
      heh, i just grabbed my camera and shot the photo as i was making the post.

Originally posted by che View Post
      As far as hanging out goes ... we can work out the details.
      ToorCon, mi amigo... ToorCon, i say! not only is this my first year ever going, i had a talk accepted. the addition of close friends into the mix will make the experience terrific and make my hotel room actually affordable if they split it with me.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

We all need to hang out at Toorcon

LosT

Comment

Shout out to everyone I met and spoke too. I can't remember most of your names which is a shame, but blame the alcohol. This was my first Defcon, but won't be my last!

Comment

Working...
          X