Loud crash Monday morning, late, 10am-11am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud crash Monday morning, late, 10am-11am

If you were near the Riv, monday morning, you may have felt an "Earthquake" like feeling with shaking, and maybe heard a loud deep rumbling...

I was in the parking garage when I heard it, and when drove away from the hotel at around 11:00am. Several fire trucks were present along with multiple ambulance and medical transports. There was a construction site, north, across Riviera Blvd, and apparently, several of the large steel I-Beams pancaked in on themselves.

News reports stated no fatalities for this event, but there were fatalies from an earlier incident.

News story:
    http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=6892695&nav=9qrx

I snapped 2 pictures of the building site, and firetrucks on my way out, as well as the roadblock from Paradise to Riviera Blvd. (Should appear on pics.defcon.org, maybe this weekend.)

Re: Loud crash Monday morning, late, 10am-11am

This is the construction site next to the hotel?
    My room overlooked that, all I heard for 4 days was things smashing, banging, and feeling like something periodically hit the walls out there.

If thats the case, Its probably what woke me up about 10:20am-:10-30am or so.
    Good thing too, needed to check out.
    Synapses, the spaces between neurons, are the channels through which our most fundamental traits, preferences, and beliefs are encoded. In short, they enable each of us to function as a single, integrated individual
    -A synaptic self- from moment to moment, from year to year

Comment

Scary. If I remember correctly, this is the construction site that's right underneath/next to the monorail. I was running (haha, exercise at defcon!) past the site at around 8:15-8:30am on Monday and everything seemed okay then. Glad no one was hurt.

Comment

We were packing at about 10:20 when we heard it. My room overlooked the sight and my wife and I ran to the window and watched the dust cloud rise from the site, and the workers all run toward the dust cloud. Immediately after that, some workers were lifted off the roof via a crane and man-basket, and those at ground level stopped running, and just stood by. We figured that no one was trapped in the wreckage, since no one was making frantic digging attempts. Fire, rescue and police then began to arrive.
        Thorn
        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Sure it was not just another "Goon Splash" in the pool?
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che View Post
            Sure it was not just another "Goon Splash" in the pool?
            No, it happened quickly with no need to spend 10 minutes on choreography first.

Comment

I was in my hotel room in the Hilton at that time...overlooking the entire scene. I got video on my camera of it, and also video at the same time as it was on the news tv in the room.

Comment

Working...
              X