thx...from a n00b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thx...from a n00b

my first con (of any kind)...i lurked mostly, absorbed what i could, should have introduced myself more often, but i really enjoyed what you guys put on.

Most of all, I appreciated how much effort is put into cultivating the sense of community.

I stumbled in really late Friday night from Florida looking like a suspicious rumpled civilian, and still had helpful folks let me know where to get registered and oriented, how "tracks" worked and whatnot.

Even after the outing, I noted folks' guard up - the scrutiny was there - but no one seemed especially hostile to outsiders.

Schedule allowing I will try to get back next year, and involve myself more here and wherever I can help out. I am not nearly as skilled as most of you, and hacking, for me, is engineering a functional technology beyond what it was intended to do, until I can afford better - and to stay ahead of malicious code, when and how to remain vigilant and proactive. I learned... that I have a hell of a lot more to learn.

When I decided to come to DefCon I was approaching burnout and a nagging little fear that technology (at least in my world) had already gone too corporate.

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks to the groups, sponsors and hosts for making technology and its myriad facets, interesting and vibrant again.

Re: thx...from a n00b

Originally posted by uncorq View Post
    I learned... that I have a hell of a lot more to learn.

When I decided to come to DefCon I was approaching burnout and a nagging little fear that technology (at least in my world) had already gone too corporate.

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks to the groups, sponsors and hosts for making technology and its myriad facets, interesting and vibrant again.
    That is a big part of what makes the con rock.

p.s. there is a shout out thread made for thanks to groups here as well https://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=8746
    Synapses, the spaces between neurons, are the channels through which our most fundamental traits, preferences, and beliefs are encoded. In short, they enable each of us to function as a single, integrated individual
    -A synaptic self- from moment to moment, from year to year

Comment

Working...
    X